or Connect

Posts by milomama

My 4 year old ds has been coughing non-stop today, he's snotty, has a slight fever and is lethargic and miserable.  As bad as I feel for him, I am also feeling scared for myself - I am 37w5d and do not want to be sick going into labor!  I'm afraid by the time this runs it's course in him I'll manage to catch it!   So - please share with me any and all tips for preventing illness!!  Safe for pregnancy of course!  Loading up on vitamin C, garlic - what else?  I have to...
I am struggling lately with keeping up with my kids.  Not only keep up with but enjoy them.  I really want to use this last month to spend good quality time with them, but it seems they are so demanding and whiny and even when we are doing something nice together it falls apart into tantrums (baking cookies today for example).  They are 4.5 and almost 2, the weather outside has been downright terrible (extremely cold), and I'm exhausted and cranky!   Any tips for how you...
Has anyone come across information that says a lower hemoglobin can actually be beneficial and perhaps what nature intended?  Mine dropped to 106 (Canada) and my midwives wanted to see supplementation, but there is some info out there indicating that if your first trimester numbers were good (mine were) than a drop to 95-105 may well be normal and possibly even beneficial?...
Can I jump in here?  I had joined the group way back when and been busy with my two little ones and life, but now as this pregnancy wraps up I'm craving more chance to commiserate with others in the same place as me - people feeling tired, overwhelmed, excited, anxious, uncomfortable, moody....   I'm due Jan 13 with baby 3.  Don't know the gender.  I am way exhausted lately and having big mood swings - I feel really bad for my kids, who are just 4 and (almost) 2.  I...
I'm having trouble with my 21 month old's sleep and can't seem to find any similar situations!  Hoping someone can help...   She slept with us until about 10 months when she was more restless than settled in bed.  Then we put her in an Amby hammock (without the mattress pad) - a soft hammock.  That has worked for many months.  She hasn't really been a cuddler since she was mobile, so bedtime included stories, nursing (which hasn't put her to sleep since 6 months), and...
In my desperate search for morning sickness cures, I came across a blog post saying magnesium may help.  I've been taking Natural Calm at bedtime for about a week, and the past couple days, I feel better (not perfect, but better).  I can't say for sure it's the magnesium, nor would I say it's a "cure"  but thought I would share in case anyone else can find relief.   here is the blog post: http://wellnessmama.com/6065/how-i-avoided-morning-sickness/   Also tried...
So, my mother's helper is here for the first time - she seems great - she's a 13 year old homeschooler who has 3 little brothers and lots of energy!  My 4 year old ds is quite happily playing trucks.  1 year old dd is clinging to my legs and screaming :(     Hoping that gradual exposure will help dd warm up, but right now I'm just feeling overwhelmed and very, very tired!
I wanted to start a thread about caring for our older kids - as I'm finding this tough!  I find the mornings are ok, but then by afternoon I am so tired and irritable and I'm having trouble focusing on my kids and enjoying them. I try to nap when the baby sleeps - and my 4 year old watches a video - but I can't always relax.  I'm trying to see if the budget allows for a mothers helper a couple days a week, just to survive right now!    How are the rest of you coping...
My 16 month old is still going strong.  I hope she'll continue to nurse throughout pregnancy and beyond, she's so little still!  Although I planned this pregnancy and am glad she'l have a sibling close in age, I sometimes feel bad that she'll likely lose the milk soon.  My son nursed through pregnancy and for just a few weeks after, but he was older so I was more okay that there was no milk but he comfort nursed.  
Food aversions...I hate everything!  Honestly, nothing appeals to me, but at the same time I'm constantly starving!  It's really unfair!   Anyone else going through this?