or Connect

Posts by monocyte

Hugs, I totally know how you are feeling. My youngest has been on it for over a year, and is FINALLY on the "charts". He's bitty, has tons of GI issues (many, many intolerances) and the periactin has absolutely helped manage that as well by calming his GI tract down (we thought he had eosin esoph for a while). His IgA was too low to rule out celiac, so we ended up scoping him to rule it out. He also has some hard core SPD issues (proprioception) that also play into...
Do you use a weighted blanket?
I hear you --- I do.
My almost 3 year old has SPD, with a questionable something else going on (aspie? perhaps...) With the weather changing here, we are getting anxious about loosing the swing set in the yard/parks. Its what clearly grounds him. For those of you that have them in your house, do you use pressure mounted? hard mounted? And where do you put them?? We have a ton of door ways, and one really big opening (about 4-5 feet across) which would be a great space for one. Ideas?...
Quote: Originally Posted by jessjgh1 To Whom It May Concern: Statement of Exemption: I hereby claim exemption for my child, name, from the Massachusetts immunization requirements. I am exempting my child from vaccination because it conflicts with my sincerely held religious belief. Sincerely, (signature) IMMUNIZATION REQUIREMENTS FOR GROUP DAY CARE AND SCHOOL AGE CHILD CARE PROGRAMS Regulations Of The Department of Early Education and...
Looking for one...need to assess my almost 3 year old with SPD to rule out a few other things. Anyone use Belknap in Cohasset?
Sounds exactly like the start of my now 2.5 year old DS.... We've been down the allergy/intolerance, severe sensory, gag, sweating while nursing, failure to thrive, hypotonia, global developmental delays, oral aversions etc... He's also in EI, see's a GI, feeding team, behaviorists, SLP, OT/sensory therapist regularly...and now an ENT. Learned last week that his adenoids are blocking his airway by 70%, that he has no sense of smell, and therefore can probably not...
Tufts NEMC is our go to for a baby!
Not preg, but scoping out the field... After birthing twice at SSH, I've realized that I can't go back there. I love, love my providers, but...hate their in house pedi and policies around "routine baby care". If I was to birth at Jordan, what would it be like -- IF I had the perfect provider there, hows the rest of it...birthing rooms, pp care, baby care, room in?, good LC's? and the pedis -- are they ok with refusal of goop, k, circ etc, early discharge? Lets...
Never been down this road, but I think we might have gotten a sufficient enough letter from our pedi. States "due to developmental delays and multiple food allergies, vaccines were delayed. He still requires......we will be catching him up as soon as possible. In case of a measles or mumps outbreak, he should be excluded from school". We are considering a private preschool -- this should cover us, eh?