or Connect

Posts by monocyte

Quote: Originally Posted by kjbrown92 Are you going to test for more. Was there anything he didn't react to? And were you tested as well (this goes with the leaky gut of yours affecting what he's getting through breastmilk)? He did a full panel on both of us. He was ok with all animal protein (minus the egg), all beans (minus the soy), all nuts (minus the cashew, peanut, pistachio), fats all good (minus cream/min reactive to ghee), fine with...
Quote: Originally Posted by JacquelineR So you had HG with both pregnancies or just his? Both preg, plus with one of my losses (other was early, and 3rd was twin to this DS). I've considered it supplements, but I've been fearful to add to much in not knowing what was the cause, esp with all the fillers/additives in supplements...I'm here to learn, so please feel free to spam me me with ideas!
Quote: Originally Posted by mtn.mama Malabsorption is complex and kind of snowballs things... I don't see anything wrong in supplementing zinc (at the very least) and anything else you can get into him. My DD takes liquid minerals twice a day (and liquid zinc too) and a bunch of other things. Does he show other signs of malabsorption, like peeling fingernails, dull dry hair, poor dental enamel, delayed dentition? I think one of the things that was...
Quote: Originally Posted by Mammo2Sammo never -One thing I do know that monocyte has mentioned to me is that his stools are light colored - hmmm what else, I don't remember - maybe floats? Yup, floats. I can't help but think that is a malab. issue, unable to process fats...light colored more often than not. I don't even know what normal poop is supposed to look like anymore.
Quote: Originally Posted by neveryoumindthere zinc! does he have any white specks on his finger nails? inflamed cuticles? i'll come back with more in a minute He doesn't, but I do...
Continuing on... Did you take any medications while you were pregnant? Anti nausea to keep me out of the hospital....lots of iv fluids...prenatals. Do you have any adverse reactions to foods at all? Straight eggs help me poop. Nothing other than that. Does his dad? Nope. I know that's a LOT of questions, but I'm trying to get a feel for what kind of detox systems you (and your child) may have inherited as well as what kind of toxic load you're dealing...
Quick update, we had AK done yesterday, and found out that he reacted to the following (long list, sorry): Some were new, some were known, we are actively cutting everything out. egg white egg yolk cow cheese cow milk cow yogurt soy cheese soy milk soy yogurt goat milk cream cashew peanut pistachio soy/tufu corn amaranth barley buckwheat millet quinoa kamut kasha oats rye triticale wheat spelt barley malt brown sugar white sugar white...
And a big one!! Quote: Originally Posted by JacquelineR Is there a family history of allergies? No food ones, I have a horrid cat allergy, and DH has seasonal ones. mental health disorders? Don't we all?? I tend to be a bit OCD. PPD after both kids, no sleep/no estrogen...I'm very estrogen sensitive. Parkinson's disease? No. behavioral disorders (ADD/ADHD)? No any children on the spectrum? No addictions? no heart problems? H has a murmur and his...
Quote: Originally Posted by Mammo2Sammo Hello Monocyte monocyte is a dear, dear IRL friend. Can you give us any more clues about your son's health, or your own? What supplements have you routinely been taking? How is your thyroid? signs of midline issues? general question - how does a doc determine a malabsorption issue? what can a family do nutritionally to help? Hi!! Clues...hmm. Supplements, as of lately, nothing....
Quote: Originally Posted by changingseasons Have you ever tried a full elimination diet? I would start there- cut out dairy, soy, eggs, gluten, peanuts/tree nuts, fish/shellfish, corn, nightshade veggies, citrus, food dyes/preservatives, refined sugars, etc. Thank you for all the responses!! : Not much time tonight, but I will start here!! Yes -changingseasons, I did a full elim diet when he was about 6 weeks, and was on it for gosh, I...