or Connect

Posts by MamatobabyA

My LO never cries when I leave.  When his dad goes to work he will throw himself at the door and howl (dramatic  much son?), but when I leave it's like "yeah, bye mom".  I figure it's because I'm always there, but DH only sees him for a bit in the AM and he wants him to stay longer.  I think it's normal. DS will also occasionally act like he doesn't want to be with him.  I think that's normal too.  Sometimes I don't want to be with him, you know? 
      You aren't spoiling her by responding to her "wants".  She needs those things (change of scenery, attention from you, a different toy) to grow and develop.  IMHO, she also needs to know that even if she just wants you, you will be there.  Also, since she is getting older, her needs are changing.  While nurse/change/sleep used to be all she needed, now she needs more.  Have fun with it Momma!  She's going to start getting more "interactive", which is super fun!
My son had terrible reflux and we tried the rice in the bottle with the breastmilk thing.  I will never try it with future babies and it makes me sad to think that I tried it at all.  It made everything so much worse.  I was trying to avoid medication.  He would scream in pain after the rice and was still having terrible reflux.  I remember DH sitting with him in the rocking chair when DS was about 4 weeks old.  Baby A was literally dry heaving in my husbands lab, his...
We had MOTN grunting here too.  He stopped around 9 or 10 weeks.  It drove me batty!  Hang in there :)
My little guy had reflux and this bed http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&xhr=t&q=fisher+price+rock+and+play+sleeper&cp=15&qe=ZmlzaGVyIHByaWNlIHJv&qesig=mK5DxnStU-y97hK6_mD3UQ&pkc=AFgZ2tmPxJGJoLQa9gIKqD9je-7VTYq0Wo0SdQcepWM-X8jex0Y-fai4vVyklev5vml-9_G1-gmNZbwiRSFG0l_rQ78JPAWc7w&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&biw=1052&bih=642&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=9471495977838369124&sa=X&ei=KJQfTvbCN4Hc0QHdlIH6Dw&sqi=2&ved=0CDoQ8wIwAQ  saved our lives.  There is nothing the least...
Where are you located?  It was 112 here in the midwest on monday.  Any chance he was responding to the heat?
My first thought was an ear infection.  Often, with an ear ache, babies won't want to eat b/c it hurts their ear when they swallow.  I would be sure your ped looks in his ears, just to be safe. Since he's kinda young for that, my second thought would be silent reflux.  Silent reflux presents with no spitting up, but lots of back arching, crying when laying flat, and, sometimes, refusing to eat unless starved.  Also, he's a bit early (or alot!) but is there any chance...
My kiddo was just like this.  He loved putting "nature" in his mouth.  Sticks, rocks, dirt, you name it.  I'm sorta laid back with this kind of stuff.  dirt, eh.  He'll be OK.  I'd bring a drink outside and offer it to him if he gets too much in his mouth.  Honestly, though, he only really experimented a few times.  Once he realized it wasn't food, it stopped.  One thing I was hard core on was the rock issue.  I was so afraid he would choke.  Now he picks it up and just...
Congrats!  So exciting!  
I'm a postpartum nurse and when I discharge a bfeeding mom I take the formula out of her bag and replace it with a small cooler for breastmilk transport and a few pump bottles.  I always tell her "your breastfeeding is going so well!  I have a gift bag for you.  Since you don't need the formula I added a cooler for you instead".  I do this because I want them to leave feeling empowered that she is doing fine and providing for her baby.  If she needs/wants to supplement,...