or Connect

Posts by msmiles

I am so happy that you shared this, because now I know I'm not alone!   We have the exact same problem. Eating out is what swallows up most of our extra money. I find myself putting off a haircut for months because our budget would be squeezed by it, and then feeling ghastly when I sign the check at the restaurant because what it cost could have easily bought me a hair cut or two. We do it for the same reason, as well--the entertainment value. We don't go to the...
OH. MAN. YES!!   @guppiegirl, gagin37, ericaRN, kittn...because using government assistance is the real concern, isn't it?      so sorry for the soap box rant, but it kills me that there's so much concern and debate over women's bodies recently, and it's a total catch 22. being up the duff is evidently the only legitimate role a female can play in this political climate (considering abstinence education and the defunding of PP and so on), and yet we're also a...
Baby was head down at my 32 week appointment last week, according to my doctors hands. But today she feels traverse. I've got one long backside, at least it feels like, in the middle of my belly. I had no idea that they could reposition after being head down.
Meeeeee, too, sister. I did the one hour glucola test over a month ago. I didn't feel a thing. I was so excited! I was certain I passed it with flying colors. They told me they would call me if I needed the 3 hour, and within 48 hours. No call. So, at my most recent doc appt, my doc immediately asked why I hadn't been to the lab. I was perplexed. She told me I failed the one hour with a 135 and was supposed to have done the 3 hour already. I was kind of furious. 135?!?!...
So, I've had a ridiculous last few days. Let's start with my 32 week check up. The doctor asked me first thing why I hadn't gone to the lab yet. I was like, huh? You mean the GD blood test? Been there done that. Well, evidently I had a score of 145 on my blood test--despite that I felt nothing at all from it--and I was supposed to go get the 3 hour before this appointment. It was the lab's responsibility to call me. I've been easily angered and down lately, so as soon as...
  I'm interested in hearing other mother's experiences, too. I'm 8 months pregnant and have a 2 1/2 year old. I remember how easy he seemed when I took him home from the hospital, how anti-climatic it was to take care of a sleepy newborn. I'm hoping that I get to re-experience that with this baby, and it affords me some time with my son to soften the adjustment. I also bought a carrier for the baby to contend with the issue. My son and I are very close, so I'm...
I think the "diaper confusion" conviction precludes personality type and reduces a parent's accessibility to the creativity needed to contend with potty training.   So here's my story. My son is 2 1/2 and has been potty training all winter. I have consistently explained to him that he can only wear diapers when he's sleeping and when we go for a "car ride," which is an all encompassing phrase for grocery store, etc. That recurring explanation has been enough for...
What about Parents as Teachers? Obviously, they deal more with the education of the child, but I've heard mothers mention that they included the child's emotional and behavioral development in their visits. Or, in the small chance that you're military, a life counselor? I went to a therapist for awhile who was also by chance a child therapist. She was welcoming of my toddler during our visits if I couldn't find or afford child care. Finding a therapist or counselor who...
I have been using All Free & Clear on my clothes, because I have very sensitive skin, and on my son's BG 3.0s. From what I understand, the brighteners in it only may wear on your diapers over time. Brighteners themselves don't cause any immediate issues, like repelling. I'm not sure if I'm satisfied with how it cleans my son's AIOs. They are AIOs, so they're naturally the hardest diaper to get clean; my laundry routine could compromise their cleanliness, too. But...
Sooo excited, ladies! I got all of my cloth diaper stuff in the mail this week. The (Thirsties Duos) covers are adorable and the (Planet Wise) wetbag is gorgeous. I'm feeling pumped to take on cloth diapering for the first time.    I will be washing prefolds all day today. I'm using Country Save detergent and a front loader…we'll see how that works out. I feel pretty good about the purchase because a) it was an inexpensive and safe detergent, charged no shipping...