or Connect

Posts by MaryLang

Yeah, this might be the case. The fact that it happened so abruptly freaked me out. I'm still hand expressing and not getting much at that, but give her the milk and she likes it now. But I don't think she'll ever go back to the breast, I'll keep offering, but I think this may have been her way of weaning. 
Thank you! She's still at it. I tried nursing her in her sleep last night and she opened up and proceeded to chomp down immediately. This time I laughed it out though. Still no progress today. I just out my Womanly Art of Breastfeeding, and checked out kellymom, thanks I forgot about that one. I guess I'm just gonna have to keep doing what I'm doing and wait this out.
I have never experienced this before. Two days ago she just stopped nursing, turns her head in disgust almost. One of three things may have led to it; 1. I told her "no biting!". I know I should have tried other tactics. But I had a bad biting problem with the last baby and so this time I unlatched her and said no. (and this wasn't just accidental teething biting, she was laughing and making a game, so cute, but ouch!) 2. That night I also took a peppermint gel pill for...
I have never experienced this before. Two days ago she just stopped nursing, turns her head in disgust almost.  One of three things may have led to it; 1. I told her "no biting!". I know I should have tried other tactics. But I had a bad biting problem with the last baby and so this time I unlatched her and said no. (and this wasn't just accidental teething biting, she was laughing and making a game, so cute, but ouch!)   2. That night I also took a peppermint gel pill...
Pros and Cons? I've found a few examples of strawbales, but how would an earthbag home hold up?
I've never met a family doctor who didn't take infants. That is definitely the route I would take as well (well I DO take that route, lol!). All your going for is check-ups with bb right?
Wow, sounds like it's getting bad out there. I used to go to Dr. Rudnick, Harper Family Practice (St.Clair Shores). She was ok with non-vax, in fact even supportive. Her husband in the practice, Dr. Burgoyne...not so much. I have gotten into many an "argument" with him. I think the drug companies are getting the best of these doctors. Right now I lucked out on an awesome family practice, but we're up near Imlay City now, a bit of a drive for you.
Welcome Hadley!! What a wonderful story, and even some comic relief!
How adorable!!! Congrats! Welcome little Sequoia!!!
Congrats!!! I lover her name! Welcome Samara!