or Connect

Posts by 1love4ever

Another like-minded mama here!  So glad I never joined the Babycenter boards, but I have friends who do that kinda crap in my life anyway, so I know all about it.  I'll bet they are on Babycenter!!  For the most part I've been impressed by Mothering and that people seem to be pretty civil and are not usually rude.  I have gotten attacked on here a few times tho, for being maybe more "natural" then even a lot of the moms here?  IDK, like raw milk stuff, and no...
At what age can they start being in the MeiTai?  I have one and the first couple months my son was too small, and then when he was finally big enough he hated it.  Is there a special way to do it with a tiny baby?  If so that is what i need to do :)
d
d
Good to know!  After a little research I came up with pretty much the same conclusion.  I won't buy farmed fish bc they feed them crap, but since feed is not given to the oysters then thats ok, that's my main concern. Oysters are the best source of zinc out there!! I have read that farmed oysters are lower in nutrients than wild caught however, but I would not want to support destruction of the ocean floor.  That would be awesome to hand harvest them youself tho!!! ...
I can sympathize as well, I dont know anyone else who eats like we do either, and even a few friends who are sort of on the same track, at least with eating organic, are still critical, and try to defend their dietary choices to me.  What bothers me is that many of them come to me for advice, I tell them my opinion, and then they get very defensive about their choices, which I dont understand because they are the ones who came to me, and I am always very careful not to...
Oh wow!  Well glad he's better now, and that's the best hospital stay I've ever heard about, that's wonderful!!  :)  I remember around 2 months with DD we had a few days where nursing became painful again for some reason, but then went away.  DS was always biting me, from newborn through present day!!  He always clamped his jaw down on my nipple, and when he got teeth it hurt even worse!  He never made me bleed, but there have been lots of yelps out of me that were loud...
Oh I forgot to add that I didnt use any specific technique for labor, I felt like a hypnobirthing or something would lessen the true experience, it would be unnatural, I wanted to experience the whole birth how birth was meant to be.  My labor was 10hrs, not super short or long, and transition wasnt as bad as I thought it would be.  There was only 1 other person at my labor besides my midwife and DH, that was a friend who is home birther, sort of a doula.  She is a...
I'm taking RRL tea too, trying to do it daily.  Its supposed to help and support women at every stage of life including pregnancy and breastfeeding and it tones the uterine muscles which is especially important if this is not your first.
Hey all, that's cool to see a few who have had natual hospital births but you're right Banana, even if a mom doesnt get medications in the hospital its usually still not what she wanted and she's still disappointed :( Just had my first midwife visit, all went awesome.  I have the same midwife who delivered my last baby. Ya know another thing I've ran in to with so many friends is in their first and 2nd trimesters, they are all so in denial about birth it seems and do...