or Connect

Posts by Natalya

Travel
I have three boys, 9, 2, and 1yo. I'd love to get together!
I am feeling so frustrated today.  Here are the things I have done lately regarding ds' suspected dyslexia: -went to the doctor and talked to her about my suspicions.  She asked him what 8*7 was, and then told me that she had no qualifications to diagnose dyslexia.  Since I told her my son goes to the public school for specials (music, art, gym) she suggested I ask them to test him.  I talked to the teacher of ds' "class" and she told me they are not qualified to...
So what do you do?  The only idea I have is to paste pictures of hot bodied ladies all over my house, but that just seems so... depressing.   
Thank you everyone, all this has been super helpful. Now I need to read through all the information, and go from there. I am feeling a bit overwhelmed right now, i wish someone would just tell me what to do! We have got his eyes tested, a few years ago, and everything was fine then, but maybe we'll do it again. Fillyjonk, we were unschoolers, but I have become totally disillusioned with it all because of ds1. I had a similar experience to you, my ds would have never...
I just recently realized that my son (9yo) is dyslexic.  He has had trouble reading and writing for forever, and now that I am expecting him to write more independently (we were doing a lot of copy work before) it has become obvious that he is dyslexic.  He frequently switches his letters and numbers around, sometimes he writes ALL of his letters backwards and starts on the wrong side of the paper, etc.  I have not had him formally diagosed, and this is mostly because I...
Lol!! My Dp is big and bearded too.
Sky, thank you so much. It's not exactly what I wanted to hear (some magic/miracle trick might have been nice) but it helps so much to know that this is normal. Lana, Dp does not use cologne, and it doesn't seem to coincide with a certain type of clothing he is wearing. I wish it was something as simple as that!
Its been happening for months now, so I'm not sure if it's separation anxiety, like as the normal phase. We've noticed it's not as bad when Dp takes him on walks outside, but even that is not full proof. He won't eat solids except if he (ds) puts it in his own mouth, so no, not really. Even diaper changes, which he loves with me seem to be torture with Dp. So, this is normal, some babies are like this? Oi! Dp said the other day he is depressed about his and ds'...
Since birth my 8 mo will not let his father hold him for more than 5 minutes. He will start to work himself up, crying, and if I don't come and take him he will do the no breathing cry... You know, the cry where they don't breathe for 30 seconds and then start screaming? I don't know what to do. I feel so burnt out, and I am lucky if I get a shower, or out of the house for an hour. When I am away ds will cry until he falls asleep. I hate doing this to him, but I know...