or Connect

Posts by newsolarmomma2

I was looking through this page this morning, and thought it would be helpful to other UCers. It shows all types of things about newborns, and describes what they are. Very helpful jumping point for learning. some things you have to send an email to see because they are of breasts, etc, but the rest is open, http://newborns.stanford.edu/PhotoGallery/
I would say you shouldn't UC before 39 weeks. UC and HB is best suited for low risk moms and low risk babies. A baby earlier than 39 weeks is no longer considered full term, which is why there is a push for no elective inductions or CS pre 39 weeks. I had a preemie, and saw many of various ages in the NICU the month we were there. There are multiple reasons a NICU is beneficial- for every preemie birth, there is a NICU team there, which is often needed. Preemies are...
If you really want to know what dental needs your kids have - needs, not cosmetic, not unnecessary, not extra profit making procedures- go to a *good* dentist that takes Mediciad. These dentists (the good ones anyway) will do only what is absolutely necessary, will not offer expensive fixes, and will tell you about every lifestyle change that might help that is possible. They do not get paid by medicaid for much, so if they think its needed, it's probably pretty critical....
If you really want to know what dental needs your kids have - needs, not cosmetic, not unnecessary, not extra profit making procedures- go to a *good* dentist that takes Mediciad. These dentists (the good ones anyway) will do only what is absolutely necessary, will not offer expensive fixes, and will tell you about every lifestyle change that might help that is possible. They do not get paid by medicaid for much, so if they think its needed, it's probably pretty critical....
I am so happy you got the birth you wanted, and needed! I watched your pregnancy, and hoped you would make your CS date right along with you. It is really great how it was so healing, and the awfulness of the first birth has been lifted from your mind. This goes to show how Informed CHOICE is so very important, regardless of what birth a mom wants. Good for you for advocating for yourself! Congrats on your sweet baby.
As an adoptee, all I can think about if what it was like to meet (and get to know) my first mom, and my four siblings, who are all still together and happy. Talk about tough! After the excitement of meeting them and knowing they are there and love you wears off, other not so comfortable emotions can emerge. Jealousy is by far the worst. I am so far from a jealous person, but even I am eaten up by seeing their happy family. I am at the point where I almost wish I hadn't...
Thanks for posting, I like them too.
He never learned how, but he is interested now that he sees his sister doing it. He's got such sharp little teeth though, so if its not likely, Im not taking the chance.
Please, please, please be very careful. I also wanted a UC badly, but didn't get one, so I understand the desire. Both my kids were born on Methadone (pain management), and I personally know others that have had their babies on MMT or Subutex. You are right that the worry isnt the LnD- that drug wont effect the labor, and even if the baby gets NAS (mine did in 4-5 hours!) its easily treated. Subutex isn't as hard of a withdrawal as methadone, but many babies still need...
I have a 2yr old and a 6mo old. My 2yr old was FF after a few months of EP, but the baby is EBF. The toddler is a little jealous. Can you BF a toddler if they haven't Bf before?