or Connect

Posts by newsolarmomma2

MWs are expensive to have as only a babysitter- you could send the kids off to camp and birth at a luxury hotel for what some charge in my area (4-6k). However, if you want to have one there to watch the kids, Im sure there is one that will do it. Just be honest with them, they are there to help you.
Thats a great survey! I hope you get many replies, I would love to see the data. The only confusing parts were: Asking about the complication being due to UC- which complication, to me or to baby? The list of what births you had- was this meant before the UC or all together?
Here is a link for Home stillbirth (unexpected or not)/ deaths due to HB, it's part of a series. "http://stillbirthday.com/2012/05/29/support-for-home-stillbirth/" Please contact Heidi, the lady that runs this site. She is a wonderful woman and can connect you to others that can help you and who truly understand your situation. I can think of a few others with similar losses. BTW, There is a lot of God talk on the page, but it isn't primarily religious site and there...
There's a group called stillbirthdays on FB and the web. I think the URL is www.stillbirthday.com They have many different loss moms and mentors to help, including several who lost their babies at HB or in the NICU after a HB. Sadly, you are not alone, there are many moms with HB loss out there, but most don't talk about it. I'm so sorry for the loss of your precious baby.
Best luck! I had a great hospital VBAC at OHSU in Portland Oregon. It was very high tech (Dd was a preemie, and failed BPP and NST so extra monitoring was helpful), but was also the most wonderful and easy birth. 4 hrs of labor, 4 pushes, zero pain, zero recovery. That said, please don't have an OOH HBAC. I know that this is an unpopular opinion here, and if you understand the risk and want to do it anyway, thats your right. However, Ruptures do happen, no matter how...
Wow, talk about unprofessional and inappropriate! I can't believe she thinks this is OK, as it's can expose baby to the moms bodily fluids, and can be distracting. Just it's a good idea. I don't care if the baby is in a carrier, babies still cry, and poop, etc. no guarantee it won't fuss right when you need quiet, or distract her in an emergency. Nope, not cool at all. Honestly, this would make me want a new provider- if she thinks this is OK, I would question her...
Theres no point in arguing whether it works or not, it IS illegal and you are in a state where pot isn't looked on as no big deal. I think pot should be legal and used medicinally, but Im not in charge. CPS WILL bust you if you pop dirty and they do drug test moms, some places test every mom (I was). They also drug test babys poop, usually only when mom tests positive, because meconium holds drug residue for many, many, months (3-6). Please do not think CPS has bigger...
First, I want to say it's better to avoid illegal drugs, no matter how much you think its helpful. It's not worth it. BUT If you really only took one or two hits, you are fine. It won't show up on a test at that level, the tests are not that sensitive. I know from experience, though I wasn't preg when I smoked last. If you smoked enough (several times, a whole joints worth total) to show up on the test, they will then test the babys poo, which stores drugs for months....
I didn't get my last UC for this reason. I knew something was off, and I was right. I transferred to the hospital and got a very much needed CS And I don't regret it one bit. It was the very last thing I wanted to do, but if you believe in listening to your body, sometimes it can lead you places you didn't want to go. Don't worry about the hospital. If you find a good MW/OB practice (instead of just showing up and hoping for a good doc) you can go over this stuff...
I'm sorry you are having these troubles! Please try to remember that he loves you, and feels the need to protect you. This is a good thing. It may be your body, but the baby is part of each of you, and since he loves you both, he wants to do what he can to keep you all healthy. When discussing it, try to keep this in mind, it will help you understand his fears. I do agree that you may be as capable as the MW you had last time. Even so, it never hurts to have an extra set...