or Connect

Posts by newsolarmomma2

" I am arguing that if everybody took the approach to birth with the fear that you and several people who happen to support your view are, that UC would and should be completely off the table" I am a UCer. I think this is a fantastic thread, and very helpful. Thanks to all those that left comments, as many are helpful. I don't see anything that indicates fear in any of the comments. What I see is a question asked, and answered to the best of the commentors abilities. Just...
I think this story is made up, though for the life of me I have no idea why. It doesnt sound like an awful UC at all. Sure, postdates causes still birth, but that has nothing to do with the story of someone delivering a healthy baby, does it? And you can tear anywhere, being at home doesn't make a bit of difference- it may even improve the odds of not getting a tear. so what was the point of posting???? I had a CS, and the recovery was super easy. I was shocked. I would...
Wow, I cannot believe you have to deal with this. Sounds pretty inappropriate to me. I'm sorry it has happened! If it was me, I would tell them if they mention it again, they should know that's the last talk we would be having. If they can keep their minds on your birth, instead of your marriage, then fine, of not, I would drop them. If your situation isn't bothering you, thats all that matters. I think its pretty bad that they aren't being supportive right when you need...
The best thing I got from my prenatal appointments was the ability to build a good back up relationship. Second best was getting genetic testing, and the other standard tests and US. It gave me confidence to know some bad stuff was ruled out, and I didn't know enough, or have time to learn enough, to do it myself. When my Ds wouldn't come out during my UC (wouldn't drop one bit, even when fully dilated and effaced for hours!) and I had to transfer, having the previous...
"Perhaps you haven't noticed, since you apparently don't choose these things, but it is impossible not to be exposed to anti-UC, anti-vax, etc. opinions if you have any interaction with the outside world at all. Or even if you just google the subjects. People don't live in isolation in the support-only subforums. They go there because, having already made their decisions, they are seeking like-minded people, rather than having to engage with others (the great majority) who...
What was not working is how differing opinions were shut down, even when posts were respectful and stated factual information. Many of these topics aren't black and white, there is a lot of in between. I think so long as people are polite, they should be able to comment. Petty rudeness should be deleted.
Thanks! great to hear about your awesome births. I will have to try that tea. last time I knew nothing about birth, just knew I didn't want to go to the hospital, KWIM? Knowledge is power!
I had lots of US because of possible hemolytic disease (DS did end up with it) I was planning a UC, but didn't UP. This time I will only have one or two, as I am uninsured. I liked seeing him on the US. :-)
If the woman really was concerned, or thought she didn't know her options, she should have talked to HER. Not called CPS. But, in light of her tragedy, I would be nice about it. She is probably trying to "save" this mom from a possible loss. I have a friend that lost a baby at a HB, due to MWs negligence. She is passionate about talking to others about the risks because she doesn't want to see anyone else hurt. If you lost a babe due to a hospital mistake, you would be...
^ THIS.