or Connect

Posts by newsolarmomma2

How do you find choosing or intentional communities? I would love to do this. I'm in Austin TX for now, and hoping there are other unschoolers here. I think there are, just haven't found them yet.
How amazingly rude of that other mom! Like its her business anyway. Does she not realize that moms have the right to choose their birth location, and whether or not to get prenatal care? I would have asked her why she called CPS instead of talking to the mom about her concerns. Many things can be cleared up with a conversation. It's awful how some people are sooooooo fast to jump and call an "authority", but they wouldn't bother to talk to the mama one on one about it....
Super cute little one! congrats and enjoy"
Piglet68 says "Julesmiel, the more I do this parenting thing, the more I tend to agree with your assumption. It's true that kids are pretty resilient. Somebody else higher up in this thread also talked about the importance of the parent being authentic and parenting the way their gut tells them to. " What happens when gut instincts run counter to what you believe to be best? On this forum, most parents have gut instincts towards gentler discipline and similar...
You can also go to a Planned Parenthood for a check up, they can do it for you. I had shadow care, so my doc did my paperwork. Mine was due before the birth, btw, and it was also CA.
I agree with Astrogirl, if you have trusted her up until now, why wouldn't you want her imput on something like this? She sound like a TRUE ally- you know how much effort she put in to make your last birth good at that hospital. She obviously cares for what your needs are. This is the perfect person to have for OB care for a UC. Let her expertise HELP you, you are fortunate to have it. if you want to feel her out, that's fine. But if you trust her, why not trust her...
I didn't have one, and when I transferred I didn't really need it. It would have been GREAT to have had a bag with snacks I like, soap/shampoo, and some decent sandals, but not necessary. Just depends on how much you like having your own stuff - if you really hate or fear hospitals, it's nice to have some stuff from home. I didn't mind using their stuff, but their snack selection was pretty gross, and the shampoo was crappy. All minor things, not worth worry. You may not...
I'm late, but I want to quit lurking and chime in anyway..... First, I always felt that Uc was TO ME about following my personal intuition regarding pregnancy and birth, regardless of where it may lead. Whether Inliked it OR NOT. Of course, I hoped for a short, painless, complication free, joyous UC :-) Why wouldn't you? I took stock of my body, mind and health, and went for it. I wasn't all about a UC at all costs, and I don't think very many people are this way. For ME,...
I will be trying for a UC again this year (still a loooong ways off!), my last attempt ended with a healthy baby boy, but via CS. I am hoping not to have the same issue twice, and my OB that did my surgery said I could VBAC next time. Well, it's next time! I would love a UBAC. Anyone here done this? I have read this board for awhile, but I usually I lurk :-) so I known there are UBAC mamas on here! is there anything you would have liked to known then, that you know...
I tried UC (didn't succeed) because I thought I could do it. I wanted to give it a try, at the time I didn't think through it any further. I didn't U/P though, I wanted to be sure I was in the best possible condition and low risk for the UC. I didn't know much about birth and didn't think I could learn fast enough. My OB/CNM team was really good, and friendly, even though it didn't seem like they did much, they did catch a few thing I wouldn't have (e/E sensitization,...