or Connect

Posts by newsolarmomma2

I'm waaaaaay left, vote Democrat. Republicans scare me. Not all lefties are for a nanny state, but I can say that I AM for sensible, reasonable regulation. I do not trust corporations, builders, food producers, businesspeople, etc to do the right thing without laws. They have proven that they cannot act ethically even with regulation, I cannot imagine what it would look like with out any. (Though where I lived in Mexico there weren't regulations and it showed, in a...
Here's an easy way to figure it out: If everything went great with your insurance, and you could have a CNM or doc you liked, at least somewhat, would you choose UC? If you would, then GO FOR IT! If you just want prenatal care, and UC, but the insurance cannot provide you someone you like, you can always go to Planned Parenthood instead, it's no hassle and low cost. You can also get your prenatal care, then decide to UC later on. I ended up at a practice with a CNM and...
THIS. EXACTLY.For a nation so hell bent on "family values" ( read: patriarchal, christain ones only) we are extremely family unfriendly. No paid maternity leave, forget about leave for the dad, next to nothing as far as a social net goes, no universal healthcare, and on and on. We CAN afford to end poverty, strengthen education and preserve families, we CHOOSE not too.I have NO PROBLEM AT ALL with welfare, or assistance of any kind to families, not that it even exists...
Right Kind of Me- I play those clock games too, never heard of anyone else doing it. usually, I try to get the numbers into some type of pattern, or get them to total a certain number like you do. how cool! I started this as a kid, and still find myself doing it. Oh, and I suck at math, even though I can learn most things quickly and easily. I don't have a natural talent for it, and the way I was taught (in school) made me despise it. Not knowing basic math on command HAS...
Grammar is one of those things best learned by hearing and doing. I also think the way it's taught adds unnecessary confusion. if your kid can read, and speaks well, I don't think you will have issues with such tedious things. Good luck!
Exactly! The difference in mind set is huge. I did the school thing, and went to college. Then I got into the real world and realized how little I knew that would actually be helpful. Thankfully, a stubborn attitude and curious mind allowed me to overcome this knowledge gap, and I got into my current career by learning as I went. I just don't want to crush my kids spirit, and not enable him to develop the tools needed for life.I want my son to be able to navigate the...
My UC attempt ended in transfer, and I had DH and my parents there. BIG mistake. while DH was great, my parents were awful. They don't get along with DH and couldn't put the ill feelings aside long enough to make it pleasant. Even if they had gotten along, I found their presence irritating. the labor was looooooooong, and ended in CS, so it's different from your situation. You CAN have a little of both- let your cousin and DH attend, and send the kids out with everyone...
We travel a LOT. We have done 2 trips via plane, and 4,000 miles of driving is year!I usually wear DS on the plane and on shuttles. it depends on how much you think you will have to drive. If you need to drive, rent a car. Most big car rental companies have car seats that are up to standards that you can rent for a few bucks a day. CALL AHEAD, they usually only have a few and you want to make sure you have one reserved, and what the cost will be. Taxis suck with car...
I have an idea How about finding some copies of old manuscripts, myths and such, that she might like. Then she could create her own, mimicking the style of the original. This would cover handwriting without being boring, and also reading and creative writing. There are lots of old works that Re interesting! Hope you like this one!
I was reading the post about testing and noticed people saying that there was funding for US. Is this common? I don't know much about this aspect of it, I always assumed we would be going it alone, you know? Can anyone shed some light on this? THANKS AGAIN