or Connect

Posts by newsolarmomma2

The hospital I had my son at last year, NEVER even asked if I wanted DS to be circed! I was so worried that something would happen, and he would get circed accidentally, but I had nothing to worry about, as it wasn't even offered. Let me say it again- NO ONE EVER OFFERED CIRC! Not once, not a single doc or nurse even brought it up. it was like circ was not even offered! PRETTY COOL!!! Is this common? This was San Diego, but the hospital is NOT crunchy at all, it's a...
I think 32% is accurate, as OPs have said already. I am THRILLED that so many people are choosing not to mutilate their sons! I don't care if EVERYONE did it, I still would NOT subject my son to it, but it's so much easier when it's not popular.
No issues here! My old, long term partner was on tact and had no issues. He was horrified that others were circed! His mom was Korean and refused it back when it was common- GOOD FOR HER! My son is only 7 months old, but so far, no issues. Actually, I have not heard anyone I know having problems IRL. I realize it's not a common topic, but its come up enough to know this.
I like UC because the ONLY PERSON you have to TRUST is YOU! This can be a great thing, for certain mamas. I forgot to add- you are NOT A FREAK!!! There is NOTHING wrong with having trust issues! I think its pretty common- and I have those issues with psychiatrists, just not birth attendants (I got LUCKY on this!) It can be VERY hard to trust again after a very bad experience. Its not the same thing, but If I could NEVER see a shrink again, trust me, I would! I had to...
Do you want a UC or HB with a MW? It's OK to shop around, its the ONLY way to get what you want. Too bad you cant travel! I LOVE HappyMommy2's ideas! Having a friend help you will really help with the stress, and can keep your identity a secret in case you do want shadow care, and don't want the MW to know about the UC (she might worry, or not take you). Keep looking, you CAN find what you want!
I HATE that this is something we even have to worry about! I am terrified of CPS- between the meds I am on which make me suspect (pain patient) and our lifestyle (DH is a SAHP, bed sharer, and an Eco- warrior, independent renewable power producer etc ) I feel like I have a target on my back. IT SUCKS. I was in Mexico, so I had zero worries, but we are back in the USA and this is a constant fear for me. Parenting is just SO different here, and it's NOT a good...
This is totally natural. Many mamas take months to feel close, even after the birth. like your DH or life partner, some fell in love at first site, others over time. Don't stress it, it will come in time, every babe is different.
The risk is very low, its pretty rare to have a serious rupture. The reason people worry (myself included) is because it is one of those compilations that can actually kill both mama and baby- there aren't many complications that can do that (eclampsia is another, as you can stroke out). If it does happen, there's a good chance of a tragic ending. At home you may not have time to transfer. That said, the overall risk is so very low, even knowing this, it's reasonable to...
No. My experience at the hospital was so amazing, and so surprising, I will be going there again for repeat CS when we have more babies. I got a taste of the "what ifs" and the pain and don't want to revisit- what ifs aren't just silly fear, often it's your intuition telling you something very important! if you believe in trusting your instincts, you have to trust all of them, not just the ones you like. Also, 2 friends had tragic HBs, one lost a baby, the other almost...
Yeah, I got it, thanks :-) I keep hearing about this thread with lots of reference materials, but I can't find it. You seem to have lots of info, can you point me to it please? THANKS