or Connect

Posts by MomRunner

So I am almost 35 weeks pregnant and my baby is breech. Long story short, had a c section with my first baby after pushing for hours and baby never moved past +1 station. No epidural and I was pushing in every position imaginable, but he never budged, he was NOT posterior, and turns out he weighed almost 10 lbs. This pregnancy I so desperately wanted to vbac, so I have spent the whole pregnancy exercising ton, doing lots of stretches, inversions, yoga, keeping my weight...
My DS is 23 months and he won't leave the poor cat alone!!!  I am so afraid he is going to get hurt or that he is going to seriously hurt the cat!  This has been an ongoing battle and it keeps getting worse and worse and worse.  Already this morning I had to pull him off her three times - this is out of control.  In the last week, I have seen him grab her by the ear and yank her out of a box she was playing in, he has grabbed her by the neck and pulled her up stairs, sat...
Hi! I am a stay at home Mom, and I just moved to the Bellevue/Papillion/La Vista area of Nebraska. I know it is a long shot as it seems like kind of a smaller area, but I have a two year old son and wanted to know if there are other like minded mamas who want to get together for a playdate or who know of fun places to meet other parents of young children? Any cool places to get the kiddos out and about and make some friends?
Yikes about the midwife that dropped you so close to having your baby and LYING about your due date!  You aren't seriously thinking about going back to her again, are you?  How could you trust her with your life and your baby's life knowing what you know about her integrity? I would run, run, run away from her and never look back.  She should be so ashamed of herself for how she treated you!  You poor thing, left in the lurch like that!  If you decide that you do want to...
Like everybody else, I say go with early intervention programs with your state. My son was very, very young when I started having concerns about his speech and I called fairly quickly. The younger they are when they start, the better the outcome will be. My thought about it was that if there is a diagnosed problem and you hit it with all the resources you can, the you may not ever have to worry about it again. Within six months of him starting therapy he was caught up and...
I am an RN too and we have mandatory flu vaccines at the hospital I work for.  I refused the first few years and managed to fly under the radar without anyone noticing, but in the last few years they have been cracking down.  If we don't get the vaccine we get fired.  If you have a documented allergy or sensitivity or religious objection, you can get an exemption, but you have to wear a mask within 6 feet of patients/visitors at all times throughout the duration of the...
It is mostly the emotional bond for us.I am breastfeeding my 19 month old mostly because it is a special bonding time for us. He is definitely not a morning person (just like his Mommy), but a 15-20 minute nursing session helps us both ease into the day with some wonderful cuddle time with the person that we both love most in this world.  After he nurses he is ready to go for the day!  And so am I - he wakes up around 6:00 a.m. and I really do need some time before I get...
I'll bet it could be dried on a radiator. Hemp seems really tough, and in the 15 or so months that we used them, there was no real visible wear or tear that I could see (except maybe a slight fraying around the edge of the stitching, but the cloth itself looked great, unlike my microfiber inserts that had visibly aged in just a few months). At any rate I bet you could do just about anything to those inserts and they would be just fine.
Hmmm. Like I said, I loved the thirsties doublers because they hold a lot of pee, but by the same token they will hold a LOT of clean laundry water and do take forever to dry. And I do mean forever. I guess I missed the part where you said you would be line drying... Umm, you need maybe eight? Around there? Depending on how often you wash and plan on changing the baby, you could have some wiggle room. I washed every other day and religiously changed him every three hours...
I am pretty impressed with myself that I am still bf'ing my 19 month old, but jeez...  Seems kind of pointless to brag about it on this thread .