or Connect

Posts by enjoythesilence

We used to get rashes like that.  I will tell you some things I tried that helped.  Bleach about once a month, and instead of detergent, I would use dish soap like Dawn or similar to help get out the buildup (just on those washes that I used bleach.)  Water softener periodically.  Only liquid laundry detergent, because the buildup was worse with powder detergent.  Extra hot rinses also helped.      Our problems seemed to come from a combination of hard water, and...
He does not necessarily have to agree with it, as long as the judge agrees with it.  That all depends on how friendly you want the proceedings to go.  If you are trying to do the divorce in a low key, collaborative way, you could bring it up in counseling or mediation. 
Thanks for all the input.  :)  I don't have the cash for a trainer or doggy daycare at the moment, but if anyone has any good book recommendatons that have not been mentioned, that would be great, or websites.  I think I need to get a good routine going with him to combat some of the behaviors, and make him feel more secure. 
Do you have a parenting plan?  You can propose that any new relationship must have been going on for X amount of time before the child is introduced.   
Thanks for the input.  I will have to check out those books.  Unfortunately, I think he may always have some separation anxiety, but I'm hoping it will minimize with time.  It can be a pain, though.  I grew up with dogs, and we had some that were strays/rescues, and a few had SA till the end, even though we gave them a permanent, loving home with other animals to interact with, walks, toys, etc. 
I have been reading some of the threads here about separation anxiety in dogs, and someone suggested adding another dog to the family can sometimes alleviate that.  Has this worked for any of you?    My dog is about 3 years old, and was adopted from the pound at about 1 year old.  He has always had a lot of separation anxiety, follows me around, has destroyed carpet and scratched grooves in the drywall when I am gone.  I have a crate, but he freaks out in it, and I...
I can't say what the legal ramifications of not letting him attend the prenatal appointments would be.  That may be something the OP can get her father to find out for her, as he is a lawyer.       As to the second point, that he may parent better than he treats the OP, I will have to respectfully disagree.  I think that how he treats the mother of his unborn child, and therefore, his child, IS a good indicator of how he will parent.  If he really cared about that baby,...
I would not let him be involved.  If he cared little enough about you and your unborn child to kick you out while pregnant, and treat you so poorly in general, he will NOT get better once the baby is born.  I'm sorry to be so blunt, but I wish that I had gotten out sooner, and not kept my head buried in the sand for years in an abusive relationship.    That is really good that your father is a lawyer, so you have that base covered. And I think you are spot on about the...
I was thinking make the plan with him, IF you think he will be agreeable.  Go with your gut on that one.  Maybe better to consult with an atty first, before approaching him, and get an opinion on making the plan together.  A lot of attys offer free consults, so you could get several opinions on the best way to approach it.
I think a parenting plan, drawn up together, if you guys are amicable, would be a good idea.  I believe you can hire a lawyer to assist you both in this, if that is what you want.  The parenting plan should cover parenting time, conditions on moving, etc.  I would do it now, while things are friendly, that way it is all on paper.  There may be something you can put in there about your future plans to move, and that you both agree to that, when the time comes.    I...