or Connect

Posts by JoieB

Really needing some scheduling advice before baby #2 arrives and it's total chaos. We co-sleep and my 20 month old sleeps 4-6 hours before asking to nurse. Thereafter, it's a nursing marathon until he wants to get out of bed. He goes to sleep around 10:30pm, wakes around 8:30am and naps at 2-4pm all on his own timetable. My problem is that every morning I try to sneak out of bed to shower and he's so aware of me that he wakes. I nurse him back to sleep and try and try...
  When my baby was 4 months old he was exclusively breastfeeding and got severe welted hives frequently. Later I noticed it happened directly after every time I ate fish. To be sure of my suspicion... while still exclusively breastfeeding... I did a 'control test' and I ate fish and waited for reactions in my baby. Sure enough, the hives returned… directly after my meal of salmon. The hives appeared within a few hours, many in number and were so largely welted they...
My 11 month old is really happy he's learned to sit up, explore everything in hands reach and roll during diaper changes. He gets so distraught during diaper changes when I prevent him from using these new skills. If I flip him back onto his back after he's rolled onto his tummy giggling or if I keep him from practicing his sit-up skills he turns from happy giggles to sobs and tears. And it is clear that he thinks I am being mean by not allowing him this sweet play...
When choosing a modified vaccination schedule (after age 2), how is immunity accomplished for DTaP if the vaccine is spaced out to one dose each 6 months ...when guidelines suggest it given every two months? Is immunity accomplished when modifying to this schedule above?  What would the effective dosage be for immunity in a child age 2 and older if this is when they begin DTaP?   Thank You!! Joie
Hoping this article will be helpful in making your choice... http://www.vaclib.org/basic/health/boostershots.htm
The most shocking things no one told me was... I think the pelvic floor muscles weakening and having less bladder control, leaking and not being able to control gas for a while. It took pelvic floor exercise to get some muscle tone and strength back 'down there'. Yes, it got better but almost a year later now those muscles still feel weak and if I have a full bladder or have eaten less fiber then I can still feel pressure there. I remember watching Dr Oz on TV and the...
  When I read about the various concerns and risks of vaccinating and then read the pros and cons of the vaccinations, I wonder what diseases are most prevalent in the United States today compared to the disease rate in the US when vaccines were introduced during outbreaks. If certain diseases are mostly eradicated then why is the vaccination necessary? I understand it is for 'protection of the herd' but, is there really a significant risk of contracting these diseases...
Jane,   We love our summer fabric ergo... I think it's called the "performance" Ergo because it's super light weight. You'd need to get the infant heart insert for a few months. But the trick we did was to put one of those cooler gel pac's in the fridge, wrap it in a sock and stuff it between mom and baby tummies in the carrier. My son is 9 months and he's riding around in the same carrier since birth... the only difference now is that he hangs onto the gel pac like...
Please don't give in and leave your child with you MIL... stick to your guns and follow mother's intuition!