or Connect

Posts by starsprouts

Those are good ideas!  Puzzles are a good idea.  Do bubbles stain much?  I was wondering about them, but was afraid they'd leave big stains on our walls or furniture.  We live in a log cabin, so we can't exactly paint over any blemishes.  (Well, we could, but I'd die a little inside to paint our lovely pine walls.)  Our midwife is great and has let him participate in my appointments, so I'm sure she'll be happy to let him help during or after the birth.  He's already...
I'm currently 23 weeks pregnant with my second child and am planning my first home birth.  My son will be 3 1/2 when this baby's born, and the current plan is to have him stay at home with us with someone here specifically to care for him--in the room with me, in the basement playing, whatever he and I need at the time.  I've been thinking of putting together a Kid Kit for him (maybe I'm the only person who still remember those from the Babysitter's Club books?) to use...
We lost the baby last night.  Thank you again for everything.  If nothing else, at least now I know I can get pregnant still.
My husband has the good camera at work, and the little point & shoot didn't want to play along.  Hopefully this shows up well enough!    
Wooooohoo!  Super super faint, but decidedly present, line on the Dollar Store test today.  I was going to wait to retest tomorrow but figured $1 for peace of mind before calling the midwife was worth it.  I'm going to get a FRER test today while I'm running errands and hope for a darker line.   Thank you all so much!   (See, Mr. Engineer, I'm not so much like your family's dog after all.  Thhbbbtt to you!)
Sherry, I'm so glad I'm not the only one!  It really does help.  My sisters-in-law and almost all of my friends/former coworkers get pregnant extremely easily, so they don't seem to deal with the same worrying and obsession.  I, on the other hand, ought to declare myself Queen of Obsessing Over Things I Can't Change.  Or I could just admit I'm a total INTJ.  Whatever.   Thanks for the advice, Jaimee.  For my first pregnancy, I had a dark line the first time I tested...
Another day, another high temp, another negative test.  I'm very tempted to call the lovely lady I hope will be my midwife and ask her what to do, but I'm afraid that would be overreacting.  She understands my need to know things, but I don't want to pester her.  I know if I talk to my ob/gyn tomorrow, she'll just want to order a blood test.  We do have insurance, but it's a high deductible plan, and I don't want to pay hundreds of dollars out of pocket for a a series of...
First, I'm very sorry for your loss. You seem to be handling it very calmly, but hugs anyway!   My story:  After trying for over a year, I got pregnant in 2008 with twins.  We lost them at 11.5 weeks, and I was really afraid I'd never be able to have a baby.  We waited three months/two cycles, then started trying again and got pregnant right away with my son, who's currently playing a few feet away.  I do think that I was probably more fertile after my miscarriage...
I do chart, but I couldn't figure out where to get the URL for my chart.  Here it is.   I should add that my temps can tend to wander a bit based on how much sleep I have/when I wake up, which is variable based on life with a toddler.  I stopped keeping track of what time I take my temp because I was taking it, going back to sleep, and using the memory function too often to bother.   I guess one of my concerns is that dropping from nursing twice a day to once a...
Amen to that!  Good luck to you, too.  My husband's an engineer, but he keeps telling me the same story of how one of his family's dogs convinced herself that she was pregnant and had all the signs and symptoms...right up to the point when she very much didn't have puppies.  Totally helpful, dude.   Pretty sure I'm going insane.  I guess I should just give in now and have fun with it before my family sends me elsewhere to get a break from the whining.