or Connect

Posts by JesKace

I got married 10 years ago.  DH and I were only 18 at the time and we planned the wedding in less than a month.  Originally we were going to travel to my moms house in VA from MA and get married by a Justice of the Peace down there.  That way we could avoid having to have an "official wedding" and keep it cheap.  Once we told family of our plans we ended up planning an actual wedding so we didn't upset family members.  We did it all for about $1500.  We rented a hall for...
Mine lives on our kitchen counter.  It's the only place that is high enough that my youngest can't get to it, but I can still use it and not have to be baby gated in a separate room.  It's also the only place where I can plug it in that he can't get to.  Most of the time I just stand and use it at the counter for things that are fast like checking the calendar, popping on facebook, skimming blogs, reading quick posts on here, and looking up recipes.  If I need to spend...
There's so many..   This is a huge savings each year!  I can't get the whole family on board with the family cloth, but even just using it myself and part time for the kids cuts down on the toilet paper usage in the house.  I don't buy things like paper towels, napkins, tissues, sponges (we use cotton dishcloths), sandwich bags, and plastic wrap.  I try to only buy things that we can re-use over and over and I'm trying to avoid buying new things that are plastic.  I keep...
I hear ya! I usually end up sweeping the floors and the one area rug we have in the house and only vacuum 1 or 2 times a month to get dust fro places the broom can't get to.   The vacuum doesn't seem to do all that much better than my good ol' broom on both the floors and rug :) And  since I don't have anywhere to keep it on our main living level the vacuum is downstairs in the basement and is a pain to lug it up the stairs if I were to use it more than that...LOL  
I usually just use hot water with my mop.  Sometimes I'll use a little dish soap or some vinegar.  We have tile floor in the kitchen and hardwoods throughout the rest of the house.  To be honest, I hardly ever "disinfect" anything.  I wash things really well that have been used for meat or things like raw eggs to try to prevent cross contamination. If I dropped an egg on the floor... I'd probably just wipe up the mess with a dishtowel wet with hot water and dish soap. ...
Too funny!  The only reason I spent so much on candy was because I wanted to have extra for me to eat ;)
My DD(6y/o) does Girl Scouts so it was $12 for the registration and $2 for dues a week.  I think there's supposed to be 20 weeks total but our troop has decided to cut the session short so it will end up being less than $40 for the dues for the year... I bought the vest and patches last year which like the pp mentioned was about $30 or so dollars.  She'll need a new one next year since she'll be moving from a daisy to a brownie.  But I don't think we're going to do it...
We use a mixture of different things.  DH and I usually use dish towels, the same ones I use all around the kitchen (we don't use paper towels at all for anything)  Most of the dish towels I have are terry cloth type towels that are like 2x the size of a wash cloth.  I got a huge pack of them at Home Depot really cheap and they are cotton, and they last forever.  The kids usually use gerber baby washcloths.  They are super soft since they are terry on one side and smooth...
I luck out that my daughter has very straight hair so it doesn't get too tangled.  If she bathes at night I usually put it in a loose braid to keep it from tangling when she sleeps since her hair is so long (hits just below her waistband).  In the morn I just use a spray bottle with water to make it damp and style it.  She always has her hair tied back and 90% of the time it's braided so that way it doesn't get tangled during the day as well.  She's 6 and she's been "no...
The past few years I've gone all out and bought a ton of stuff for the kids, probably spending well over $150.  They usually get way more candy than they need, goodies like play doh and cheap little toys that just end up getting thrown away, and usually an outfit or a few new shirts.  This year I bought them some new clothes with the intention of putting them in their baskets, but the box of clothes sat in my room so long the kids kept asking what was in it and they...