or Connect

Posts by JesKace

I'd say if your EF goals were met, and you were happy with the amount you have saved then it's okay to do something nice for yourself and DD.  So long as you're not putting yourself in debt taking the trip (by using a credit card or money you don't have set aside for it).  Because then you'll end up having to pull from the EF and it would defeat the whole purpose of having saved it.  So, once your EF is done, I'd take the money you were putting aside for that and put it...
You're not the only one!     We live in a city and only on about .10 acre.. It's like 1/2 the size of all the other house lots on our street, and it's the only thing I regret about our house.  I hate having neighbors right next to us on both sides!  Especially when the huge doberman next door jumps on the fence and scares the crap out of the kids when they are playing in the yard...  Our situation is also a little different though because unfortunately we're not really...
If your relationship with your parents is a good one, I would definitely take the Van.  They seem fully understanding that you have no income at this time and that is awesome that they are willing to let you have a year before you have to worry about paying them for the car.  Like you said, you may be able to sell your current car once the title is worked out and you'll be able to give them the money from that.  You really need to have a way to transport the 4 kids all...
I don't know anything about moving to a high COL area, since we've always lived in the same area in MA since Dh and I were both kids...  But if I were in your situation I don't know how I'd feel about such a big downgrade in lifestyle.  From living comfortably in a 3/2 home to renting a 2/1 apartment unless it was going to be for a very short time with the potential for a major upgrade in salary or being able to get a better paying job in a lower cost of living area once...
I like those!   The DR one "act your wage" is good too!    
My washer has a cleaning cycle.  It's listed in the manual, it doesn't just have a "clean" button on the front.  To get it to go I have to push a specific series of buttons and it will go into the clean mode.  It says to use bleach and tells me when to add it in.  I've used vinegar instead with the same results.  It doesn't make a difference that I can see though.  The rubber ring around the door I have to wipe down myself but since I didn't do it for a long time the...
I would think that the way it's worded you're only obligated to leave the wooden blinds.  You could leave the curtains that you didn't feel particularly attached to if you wanted, but who knows if the new owners would even want them...They may not match their decor.  I know the curtains I have in my house "go" with my furniture and decorations... Someone else may have a completely different room set up and the curtains may not match that at all... But things like shades...
SouleMama has such a great blog!
  ...and I make 3 :)    
Wow, what a big difference!  It looks awesome!