or Connect

Posts by JesKace

Old Navy and get them tall!  I'm 5'2" but it always seems as though my shirts are never long enough in the torso, probably because I'm overweight...  I like Old Navy/Gap because you can order shirts "tall" I also like that the sleeves are a little longer on the  tall t-shirts.  It seems like short sleeve shirts are always really really short on the sleeves.  I have tons of tanks in multiple colors.
I just use hot water and a face cloth to wash... I tried coconut oil and I love the way it feels going on because it's very smooth and absorbs very quickly, but I felt like it made my face break out a little.  I switched to jojoba oil and it has been awesome!  It's slightly thicker and takes a little longer to soak in, but I feel like it leaves my face really smooth and I haven't had any breakouts with it.
Congrats!   I can't wait till the day I can say all our credit cards are paid off :)
We are a family of 5 soon to be 6.  There's DH, DD (6), DS (4), DS (almost 2), and myself and we're expecting DS3 in April.  We do a ton of laundry!  I'd say on an average week I wash 10+ loads of laundry.  We have a HE washer/dryer also and even though they hold more I still do that much laundry.  Our washer takes 45 min-1hr to wash and about an hour to dry.  Diapers take 1 1/2 - almost 2 hours to wash (30 min rinse, with 70 min wash)  Our washer has a timer, but it...
If you're going to go with the paper bag kind of lunch bag why not just go with a cloth sack?  Then you could throw them in the washer and not worry about them getting ruined.  DD has to have a separate bag for her snack and lunch so I made her a cloth snack bag.  It's pretty much just a rectangular shaped bag that has velcro to close the top.  I used 2 pieces of fabric (one as an outside and one as a liner) since the fabric wasn't really that thick.  I also put handles...
I bought the kids heart shaped chocolate lolly pops when we went to the farm yesterday to get milk, does that count???  LOL.  I don't get the kids cards, or gifts usually.  Maybe some type of themed chocolate (hershey kisses, or M&M's) but that's just because I want to eat chocolate and have to share with the kids.   My mother in law usually brings them home something small.  She delivers flowers for her friend that is a florist on a lot of the holidays (Mother's...
Our trash and diaper pail are in the cabinet under the sink because there is no place in the bathroom to put them out in the open.  I do have a small trash next to the toilet that we use for family cloth, but that gets emptied if we're having company, and people will usually end up throwing trash in there since they think it's a trash bucket.   I have also had people throw dirty disposable diapers in my diaper pail in the kids room thinking it was for all diapers...
  I don't think you have to give up.  You have certain rules for your house and that is completely understandable.  I do think in some situations rules are meant to be bent or modified though.  If you're worried about they toys that are coming into the house all you have to do is respectfully ask other parents to not allow their children to bring toys over when having play dates.  You can assure the parents you have plenty of things to do to keep the kids busy, and...
All 3 of my kids have have that chapped face every winter.  I used to use Aquafor which is mostly made up of petroleum jelly, it's put out by eucerin.  It helped out a lot, even on diaper rash (using desatin never worked for us)  I didn't like the idea of using a petroleum product and was looking for other things that I could try that were a little more natural.  One thing I have found that works really really well is Lansinoh, like the stuff you put on your nipples when...
I only have a stainless fridge, I just wipe it down with a damp cloth, going with the grain.  It usually takes out the large smudges.  I don't think it ever looks perfect, but it's better than seeing hand prints all over the front of the fridge :)