or Connect

Posts by JesKace

Yeah, I filed our taxes with Turbo Tax and it let me fill them out, but said that they won't be sent until 2/14, stinks because I would have had my tax return already...
When we bought our first house in Dec of 2004 when they were practically handing out loans to anyone.  We didn't have any money at all to put down, like nothing at all!  We ended up getting an FHA loan.  It was a 30 year fixed, but there was also a 2nd loan thing for the down payment (5% I think) that was forgivable after so many years, if we stayed in the house we wouldn't have to pay it back.  It was different from an 80/20 type thing.  We refinanced while in that...
I think the baskets are a great idea.  I just think you need smaller baskets   I have 3 kids (6, 4, and almost 2) our house is relatively small, we have a living room, kitchen, dining room, and our bedroom on the first floor and 2 bedrooms upstairs (2 boys in one, and girl in the other).  The kids aren't allowed to bring toys into the dining room or our bedroom.  So I have a small tox box in our living room for the youngest to keep toys downstairs since he's not allowed...
None of my stuff really coordinates.  We only have one bathroom and I change out the decorations a few times a year.  For spring/summer I have all lighthouse decorations and a shower curtain that has different shades of blue stripes on it.  In the fall I have a fall shower curtain with reds,greens, and browns and fall like decorations.  In winter I have snowmen, and a winter shower curtain.  I tried to stay neutral with towels and things since I change the decor so...
I've never rented a car, but I'd also carefully read all the fine print to make sure there aren't restrictions on how many miles you drive.  I know when renting a moving truck (uhaul) you pay a flat rate for "in city" but if you go over the allotted mileage you pay a certain amount per mile... I don't know if rental cars work that way or not.  Just something to think about.
The way the previous poster replied sounds like it would be the best way.  That way it's not droopy in some areas.  It would give it a nice straight top and just flow down the wall nicely :)
That's horrible.  I don't agree with buying junk on food stamps, but giving someone a hard time because they bought their 5 year old a birthday cake, that's just cruel.
The only papers that I keep longer than 3-6 months (depends on how often I go through the filing cabinet) are Tax papers (w2's and copies of our tax returns), papers that have anything to do with our mortgage or home, and our vehicles and insurance for the cars/house.  I keep all papers that have anything to do with a loan or something like that until it is paid off.  I figure if I have a problem with a bill, it would have been resolved within the month-3 that I hold...
Don't shave it!  You could end up with really bad irritation on your lip, plus it will cause the hair to have blunt ends and be more noticeable when it comes back...lol   When I was younger I shaved off all the blond fine hair on my upper lip and it got all irritated and made it so much worse :)   If it's really bothering you I'd suggest waxing it.  I have a couple blond hairs that grow kinda long and are noticeable in the sun and I just pluck them, but if you have a...
I don't feel we are in a position to save anything for our children's college right now.  We are still paying on credit card debts that we owe.  First and foremost I want to get those paid off.  We did start investing a small amount into DH's 401k last year because we kept putting it off till our debt was paid, and it seems as though it won't be completely paid for another couple years.  I now regret not putting a little in over the past 8 years we could have...