or Connect

Posts by JesKace

This is so sad isn't it!  No wonder why our society is blowing up like balloons.  Myself included, and it's so hard to change a lifetime of bad eating habits once you've been brought up this way.     I know, that's the problem with the system, it's run by the government who isn't looking out for the best interest of the people that are in need of the system.  If it were about really helping people get nutritious healthy foods the guidelines would be set by a large...
I think what she meant is that the safety deposit box is provable and it would have to be listed in the divorce, but the contents of it aren't provable.  In the event of the divorce if you were to claim the contents of the box you could take all your cash out leave a $50 bill inside and say that is all that was in there.  Keeping the rest of the cash for yourself.  The bank doesn't keep account of what is put in/taken out of the box.  The only drawback is the cash that is...
I've been switching over all our stuff because I don't have a need to have things on paper, even our bank statements.  We have internet service that is really reliable, and a working printer if I need to print off a current/past bill for something.  Right now, all the papers are doing is collecting dust in the filing cabinet till I get around to shredding them.     It would make me nervous to go paperless if I didn't know I'd have internet access in the future. ...

Are you trying to do this without his knowledge to keep money from him touching, or just don't want to have to go through the work of the divorce?    I ask because a friend of DH's wife just told him that she wants to file for separation so that way she can collect child support from him, and collect from the state since she won't have his income anymore (he works and makes all the money, she's a SAHM, but they've been living apart for 6 months or so and he's been...
Here's what I consider when looking at our budget and why.  Sorry this is so long.   Necessities: Health Insurance - Something I would never willingly cut from our budget to save money especially caring for 3 children and one on the way.  I feel that it's just too much risk if something were to happen to one of us.  I would scrimp on other things than go without. Mortgage/real estate taxes/homeowners insurance -all of which is included in our mortgage payment,...
We get a very large refund because it's the only way we can save money each year... Sort of a forced savings acct (without gaining the interest)...  If we adjust our tax with holdings and get the extra money each week, it gets spent on misc other things and we don't scrimp the way we should.  I know this isn't a suggested thing to do, but we're working our way toward paying things off and hopefully we'll be able to get to a point where we don't have to get the large...
Off-Topic a little...   agreeing with LifewithSage on the mortgage interest..   When we bought our first house 7 years ago, DH and I were only 21.. I had no idea about using the interest paid on your mortgage and real estate taxes as a tax deduction.  Nevermind trying to figure that into how much we'd be able to spend on a home.  I looked at how much we could afford for a mortgage each month, current interest rates and prices of homes and we bought a house we could...
I'd say clean everything really well, wash all the clothes and wipe everything down otherwise you're just leaving spores around to come back.  Plus you don't want to ruin your items if there is mold on them and they aren't cleaned (stains and whatnot)  If you think the closet/room stays too moist maybe you could put a door on the closet that isn't solid (has louvers) that way the closet will get more air circulation, but it will still be closed off...   I'd also say...
ITA.    I feel like getting the deduction on the mortgage interest is similar to getting the deductions for you children.  It would be like saying that everyone who has a child and gets to claim them, ultimately paying less on taxes, is getting government assistance to raise their children...   The mortgage insurance, child deductions are a completely different ball field. I'm not getting additional money over what I have earned from the government because I have...