or Connect

Posts by lindsayinnc

My son is similar, although he is hard to put to sleep at night also.  Takes anywhere from 30 mins, to 1.5 hours.  Looking forward to suggestions also.  He will scream if we leave the room at nighttime, during nap her just gets up and opens the door over and over again. Looking forward to hearing what people have to say.
Looks like we are going to end up in the Hershey area.  Thanks for your offer though!
The best advice I can give as a therapist (speech) and a mom whose son receives therapy is to work on finding ways of incorporating therapy into your everyday life.  Ask your therapists for specific ideas about how you can practice skills during bathtime, outdoors, in the car etc.  Therapy and daily activities do not have to be mutually exclusive.  My son gets PT (more services to come for OT). He practices climbing up and down the stairs every time we leave the house,...
Thanks so much for the information!  We are looking for several bedrooms so if you want to message me the information on your friend's home that would be great.  
Hello,  Our family has taken a vacation together the past few years.  We have rented a large house and stayed for a week with anywhere from 8-12 adults and a handful of kiddos.  We are looking for a location for this years trip and are having trouble with this.  We have talked about the Poconos and the Jersey shore but we don't have any knowledge of the areas.  We are hesitant to find a place and not know anything about the surrounding areas.   Any recommendations...
My son doesn't have Sure Steps but a lower profile orthotic in his shoes.  Our Orthotist recommended the Garanimals brand shoes because they have a wide toe box.  Overall they have been ok, but even though they have a wide toe box we have a little trouble with the height, they can seem squishy on the top of his foot.  So I would definitely try them before committing.  The nice part about them is they are $10 so I bought a pair in his normal size and a size up so we could...
How awful for her!  I wonder if you could help teach her to clean herself so she felt a little more control over the situation?     We try every hour or so on the potty.  It is going well.  We do best at home in cotton training pants.   I will put a pull-up on in the car or when we are out and I think it has slowed down our progress.  I was trying with training pants out and in the car and we were having too many accidents.     Maybe try some training pants so...
I love our RnG, but we have really hard water and I use Hard rock.  I think it really depends on your water and you will find what works best for yours.   I used to bleach occasionally when the stink got really bad (before RnG).   If you don't want to bleach often though I found that boiling them worked fantastically!  It stinks up the kitchen but it was worth it because my diapers were like new.  I just used a big pot on the stove, boiled the 4-5 inserts at a time...
Here is a link for a desktop speaker: https://www.lightspeed-tek.com/391.aspx This is the company that our sound field systems come from.  
There are several different types of FM systems available.  Depending on the situation one type may be better than another.  You may want to follow up with the audiologist about what type he/she recommends.  A classroom or Sound field system is a speaker that increases the volume slightly for the whole class it is typically positioned at the back of the room so that the student is receiving input from both the teacher and the speaker.  This is a permanent speaker that...