or Connect

Posts by Nee Nee

CONGRATULATIONS ON A DRUGFREE HOME WATERBIRTH!!! Cant wait to hear your whole birth story!! Enjoy your babymoon and your new son!!
There is prob no one here who remembers me...as I havent posted on this thread in ages...actually I think I started part 1..how pathetic am I??? OK,,, dont answer that!! Just wanted to say WELCOME LILLIAN AND JACKSON.... it is so nice to hear, that those babies eventually do come, lol. Currently I am 6 days overdue with #2 and trying not to get to impatient...whoops too late... I am going crazy.. with the phone calls and emails from well wishing family asking me...
I posted an excellent article on this topic in the midwife/doula forum...but didnt get much of a response..I guess I should have tried a different forum...heres the article I posted. http://cbc.ca/national/news/forcedlabour/
I live in the same area as heavenly and unfortunately it does seem to be a routine procedure now...but I have already put it in my birthplan that I dont want it done, unless after 1/2 hr I still havent delivered placenta!! My midwives are fine with that!!
Currently my sister and my aunt are going through this... it turns out they both had follicular cysts...which are common after going off BCP's...usually they burst on their own...but sometimes they can get really big and cause a lot of pain....if you continue to have pain I would go see your Dr. and perhaps request an U/S just so you can see whats happening in there...just my 2 cents of course... I hope you are just having an extra long cycle and will get back to normal...
considering both my doula(also my sister) and my midwife have never given birth...some here would say I am in big trouble... I dont really think so though..... I think it is so horrible for them to be judged just on the fact that they dont have kids yet.... I mean its the same with students from any other field ..like nursing for instance... I remember when I was in school and lots of people didnt want a student near them.... how the heck is anyone ever supposed to get...
:
I concur Mystic Healer mom... its why I get a real laugh when people think midwives know less about birth than OB's, actually its the exact opposite... they dont go to school for 4 yrs to learn about "normal" labour and birth... they learn about surgery ... and of course think everything can and will go wrong,, they dont trust womens bodies to birth naturally,,, after all its not what they went to school for!! on a side note, I have never watched Scrubs, just ER, lol!!
When I had my son 3 yrs ago.... nothing was done until you were 41 1/2 weeks pg... they reccommend a NST in hospital.. then at 42 1/2 weeks they recommend medical induction. In the community where I live they recently have changed their recommendations to NST at 41 weeks and medical induction at 42 weeks..... I have asked my midwives about it, and they say it is mostly about "butt covering" ... as a women at 42 weeks went for an NST and scored a zero.. having almost no...
I am very pro midwife... but not pro herbs... I dont condone the use of them on me any more than I would cytotec... just because someone uses a midwife doesnt mean they are into herbs.. I have never even tasted RRL tea, or tried any cohosh or even EP oil... so I guess you could say I am against all of it... well not against it.... just dont think its necessary when I am pregnant...pregnancy is not a disease last time I checked. Your arguement about drugs having...