or Connect

Posts by wholegrainmama

Wow, I can't believe that. I'd be beyond pissed, too. That is just terrible! I agree with the other posters, I'd most definitely go to the party, too! I just can't even believe that!
Wow, thanks for this information!! I have really been wanting to look into this more, my dd has a lot of those characteristics, especially averting eye contact, not really wanting to be hugged or kissed, and not playing well with other children. We are most definitely cutting all dairy, eggs, and processed foods, and I'd really like to try a gluten-free diet, too. It all seems so overwhelming, though.. especially when everyone else in our family can eat a seemingly...
Hi mama, My dd, who is 8 now, has had several UTIs. Actually, she had to go in for an ultrasound, because she was having recurring UTIs, and it turns out that she had kidney reflux. Apparently, when she'd urinate, a bit of the pee would go back up into her kidney, causing a UTI. Anyway, with the first one that she had, we used the cranberry juice and cranberry extract tablets, and it seemed to help. But once she had it again, we decided to her to ped. He did...
Ah, thank you! I am so glad to know that. I'll give it a try next time... Dh just mowed the lawn, so there aren't any right now. They'll be popping up soon, though!
Hello mamas, I have a random question... aren't dandelions benenificial as food? Are we able to eat the ones that seem to be always growing in my yard , or are the ones that we'd eat different? I'd love to at least make use of them, if possible. TIA!
Hi and It's nice to meet you!
Hi Kate! It is so nice to be able to meet and talk to other mamas with kids on the spectrum. It definitely helps a lot! We are very seriously considering going dairy/casein-free. I have been noticing the differences in dd's health and behavior when she has gone for extended periods of time w/o consuming any dairy products, especially milk. Oh, and the red dye is awful!! Since eliminating that, there has definitely been a dramatic improvement! I don't understand why...
Hi mamas, I am new to MDC, but wanted to share about my sweet dd, and introduce myself and officially join this forum! My dd is 8, and she has been diagnosed w/ ASD. She is the most loving, sweet and friendliest child that I have ever known, but certain things are a real challenge for her. For example, staying on task and focusing on something, following 2+ step directions, her fine motor skills, her level of distractability, she's also very hyper and extremely...
Thanks for the welcome!! I'll definitely be doing a lot of reading in this forum!
Hello mamas, My dd is 8, and she has ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). She's in a special needs class at school, and it has been a tremendous blessing for her. There are 8 other kids in her classroom, and her teacher is amazing. Anyway, I was just wondering if there are any other mamas with ASD kids... I'd love to talk and swap ideas! I know for my dd, routines are great for her. It makes our day so much smoother and happier when she has a predictable routine, and...