or Connect

Posts by letileon

I am trying to decide if I'm going to go the OBGYN or midwife in the hospital route for my second child. With my first I did the OBGYN. I didn't have a bad experience, I'm just curious about what my other options are. Can someone give me an idea of what it would be like to have a Midwife who is working out of a major hospital? Denver Health Med Center to be exact.
Originally New Orleans, currently living in Savannah, GA but about to move to Golden, CO in a few months. Yay moving while pregnant...I can't wait!
Peanut M&M's and mexican food, but the mexican makes me sick. Mac and cheese, but I don't eat dairy and french fries...those always seem like a good idea until 20 minutes after I eat them when I get super queasy and totally regret it.
I'm about 6-7 weeks and I'm nauseous day and night. I'm not vomiting just a gagging, horrible nausea. I have been trying to find ways of dealing with it as I have a toddler and am trying to keep myself from putting him in front of the tv all day and laying on the couch! My problem is that I can't cook, it makes me feel awful, so I keep wanting to eat out, or eat canned soup or frozen dinners, anything that I don't have to prepare. I feel terrible that my son has eaten...
My main issue with the antibiotics during labor, which I had with DS, was that we got a wicked case of thrush because of them. Of course, it's also not the greatest to bring a baby into the world in a cocktail of antibiotics but I was undereducated and just followed my OBGYN's request. Does anyone know if you can NOT get them even if you test positive?
Yeah! Go ahead and switch me to success stories. I thought I would be in the May category but looks like it happened this month. Thanks!!
Congrats wp135!!! Happy healthy 9 months to you!!
Yeah, we try "be gentle" with me, my husband....our dogs. He will be gentle for a minute and then he will hit or pinch. I don't mean to say he's like this all the time. He is a very loving child. It's mostly when he's frustrated, angry or testing our limits. But sheesh....it's getting old!
I'm sure all you veteran parents will think this is a no brainer, but I need a little reassurance that it's normal. My two year old DS, has recently become very aggressive with myself and my husband. When he doesn't like something he hits us in the face and when we say no, that we don't like that, he will wait and then come back for more, squeezing, pinching, poking hard....We keep telling him "no, hurting mami and papi is a no no". Mostly we keep our cool, occasionally...
I don't have any specific experience with this but I would encourage you to walk. Even if just a little. I find that walking keeps my appetite down and will help burn some of those extra calories. It also can make you less tired when you are. I know it's hard to get yourself up and do it, but afterwards (given that you don't overextend yourself) you should feel more energized.