or Connect

Posts by spsmom

Quote: Originally Posted by Jasmyn's Mum Wally World! i love all the nicknames, but this is what we call it.
Doesn't it feel great?! I just wanted to make one suggestion to look into before you cancel anymore. We did the whole refinance and paid off our debt scenario 2 years ago. Not knowing it would effect our credit negatively, we canceled all the credit cards after paying them off. It KILLED our credit. Your credit report doesn't reflect why a card was canceled, only that it was canceled. Having credit cards open just not being used (cut them up instead) actually...
oh wow! We are going through this! DS is just about 5. As much as I am a firm believer that food can be a trigger for so many things, I never thought to even connect it to bed wetting! And DS eats a lot of eggs, and quite a bit of dairy as well. He usually wakes us wet. we do use pull ups. we bought the "dri nights" from one step ahead, and for us do not work. they leak through every time. SO we buy pull ups. I hate them! We have just dealt with it. But I...
Not sure if this is where I should post this. The entire nail ripped off, nail bed and all. I washed it and now it is bandaged up. I didn't take him to the doctor. He is fine. Is there anything else I should be doing? I used a neosporin type gel on it bc I didn't know what else to use. I read that it could take up to 3 months for it to grow back. But how long should we keep it covered? Any advice is greatly appreciated. I did a search online but I never...
Mine have gotten so much worse. They were always kind of long and heavy. But, to be honest, I never understood what PMS was before having kids. I actually thought lots of women made it up as an excuse to be a b*tch! wow, was I wrong! Plus I never had cramps before. When i was in labor with ds1, the nurse told me I would know labor was starting bc I would start to get crampy like when on your period. But i never knew what that felt like! Now it is so inconsistent,...
I do a smoothie most mornings. It is quick and especially good to take on your way out the door. I add yogurt, but since you are vegan it can be scratched. the other ingredients I use are rice milk, frozen fruit, flax meal or oil, protein powder. Some weeks when I find the time to do it, I will freeze pureed veggies like yams and cauliflower in ice cube trays and add those as well. I always buy more bananas than we can eat so I can freeze them as well. they are...
Not sure if your area has indoor play spaces but that is what we do if no one wants to host at their home or just want to do something different. Since our group is big enough we can get the group rate. just today we met at a place called Kidzoo. they had bounce houses, dress up, imaginary play, etc. We also have places that are big warehouses filled with every bounce house imaginable. We usually end up paying around 10 bucks a family (if there is more than one kid). ...
I know this is just repeating what everyone else has said, but that is oh, so tacky! WOW! If $$$ were an issue, a party at home with a cake is what they should be doing. that's what we do. And to the poster who mentioned the destination party, totally different. We went to Disneyland for my ds2 2nd birthday. We chose to do this instead of a party. (we have passes since we live in SOCAL) We made it very clear to family and friends that we were not having a...
I forgot to add that I have heard great things about hypnobirth. haven't personally tried it, but personally know a few women who claim pain free births. The whole pain thing also has a lot to do with mind set. Which is another reason I liked how Bradley Method explains about the pain but doesn't scare you. It helped us going into it knowing exactly what to expect, but also how to handle it.
Like others have said, there are too many factors to determine if it will hurt for you or not. I have had a hospital birth and a home birth. Personally, if we decide to have more children they will be born at home. there is no comparison. I truly believe your chances of having a stress free/complication free birth are higher if you are at home. With that said... If it is a hospital birth you are set on, I strongly suggest you take Bradley Classes. This method...