or Connect

Posts by rainforest mama

I have used both the Ergo Sport and the Beco Gemini on my now 3.5month old baby.  I prefer the Beco Gemini.  The main reason I like the Beco Gemini is because your baby can be forward facing.  I also find the Beco straps, especially the ones that run along the side of your body, to be more comfortable than the Ergo.  The Ergo side straps hit me oddly and uncomfortably on the side of my breasts.  The Beco also features safety buckles.  I like the safety buckles but my...
If you find a solution for this, please let me know!  I can totally sympathize with you.   My daughter also bites while nursing.  It started with her biting at the end of the nursing session - no problem, I would remove her.  Now she bites in the beginning, middle and end.  I keep a finger ready and watch her really closely.  Thankfully, she has no teeth yet.  I tried the LLL techniques and have had no luck.
I have found that the occasional small amount of dairy seems to be okay.  I did indulge in a few pieces of dark chocolate over the holidays.  I still use butter in moderation.  However when I tried to re-introduce homemade plain yogurt into my diet, we had a more severe reaction.  She had an eight-hour painful 'colic' session & I felt horrible!  I will probably try to re-introduce some foods back into my diet in a month or so and see how it goes.   If she reacts, I will...
I just went through a very similar experience with my daughter.  She would cry for 3 - 7 hours a day.  She is now 3 months old and 'colic free'.  When she was 2 months old I eliminated all dairy, eggs, wheat, corn, fish, coffee and veggies from the brassica family (broccoli, kale).  She is so much happier now and as long as I avoid the offending foods, she no longer has 'colic'.   It can take days or even weeks to notice a difference, so hang in there!  I was able to...