or Connect

Posts by Jynuine

Hi Lara! You are only a due a few days before me. :) I wrote this long fantastic post and then.. my laptop shut off due to my battery DYING (fun!) So here's the breakdown version of what I wrote.   Im due May 13th with my 7th and the part that makes me most nervous is the pushing part, too. Each pregnancy IS different. If it's not tearing, it's another thing- so don't worry, if you dont worry about this it will be replaced with something else, lol!   My...
So I'm curious, who did you end up going with? I would really love an openly Christian Midwivery practice in the metro area... I know a couple of gals at my church have found some midwives they enjoy but I think I struggle a lot with the eastern philosophy that can accompany a lot of the practices here. I'm expecting my 7th in May and have seen a LOT in my time!
Today I havent been feeling that well. Aside from being very tired and knowing we had a lot to do (we are still finishing transitioning from one house to another and have a lot to put away, unpack and pack from the old house to move to here) hubby was ready for a BD this morning and thankfully it was quick.   Afterwards I just felt wiped... I have been having braxton hicks on and off which is typical for me- but this is my 7th baby in 12 years- 9th pregnancy. I have...
How did it go? Bright red bleeding can be a lot of different things though... depending on your activity and tendency to bleed- but you can have spotting if your placenta starts to pull away too. So I would say def call and at least make a point to see a doc in WA if that is where you are. I take it you are in Seattle then? lots of fab midwives there, if anything call the local hospital labor and delivery and tell them your issue.
I delivered at OHSU Aug of '09 and Im looking at having a homebirth, also. My midwife from OHSU also does a private practice for homebirths at Vivante but they said UHC is out of network. Im trying to figure out if I can find a way through the loophole, also.   The big thing to remember when dealing with homebirths and getting insurance to pay for them is to exclude the word 'Homebirth'. Really what they are paying for is not WHERE you are but WHO you use and their...
Hi Kalamos! I was searching for info on UHC covering homebirths when I found your thread.   First of all-  if Im not mistaken I think UCH only covers CNM's... Im not positive though, I am calling them tomorrow to get the low down. Im due around you (May 13th) and this is my 7th baby. Insurance coverage depends on your plan.  I think most homebirthing midwives are  subject to your out-of-network benefits, and they usually will pay a percentage of what they consider...