or Connect

Posts by Jynuine

WOW, thank you for the link to the article! I follow CPS issues closely.  
I've never had chlamydia or gonorrhea nor has my husband, so Im passing up this test in my baby... but I was reading this article on Gentlebirth regarding WA State bullying a midwife into HAVING to administer it.... otherwise notify CPS?????       I dont know how long ago this was but it makes me absolutely LIVID!!!! Has this issue happened with any of you? UGH!
Um... One of the MAIN midwivery schools is IN WA! Look it up... http://www.washingtonmidwives.org/news.shtml   As far as Im concerned, a VBAC is not illegal in WA! I guess it depends on the TYPE of incision you had prior... but a general VBAC is not illegal. http://www.transitiontoparenthood.com/ttp/resources/VBACinSeattle.htm   That link has great info!!!!
So I normally start EPO capsules vaginally about now (37 weeks) only I found out Im GBS positive... does anyone else have experience with this issue and was it advised against? I worry about pushing any bacteria up further than it would NORMALLY go... and the issue I have is that my midwives are VERY conservative due to to Hospital guidelines.
I wanted a homebirth BADLY but United would only cover a CNM out of network for me, too. They make it VERY unceonvenient to have a homebirth as far as I see it. First of all- dont mention it's a homebirth or ask if they cover homebirths. It doesn't matter WHERE you birth rather who attends you.   In portland the miwdwivery cost is mainly attributed to the birth, however the total cost covers all your visits minus Ultrasounds and labs, etc.   I have to have...
Absolutely! You can feel free to pass it on too. :)
HAHAHAHA! Yeah! WOW, I know sometimes we have to follow our first initial reaction but as first time aprents we really feel like... who are WE to say what is normal and isn't? BTW if you havent found out yet the best way to wake a baby to eat is to whisper to them and rub your nipple or finger on the side of their cheek  after squeezing some colostrum/milk into their mouth a little. That usually does it!   MAN... flicking a baby... I would be like, "Okay then! I...
I found this website today called My OB Said What? and Im TOTALLY cracking up... mostly at the stupid remarks of naive nurses and doctors but it also makes me reflect on the atrocities I've gone through in my own birthing experiences.   I remember delivering my 4th in a South Florida hospital that was one of my births from hell. After my OCD neurotic midwife induced me without my permission and then denied me an epidural when I went into Pit shock because, 'They will...
Awww, thank you. :) I actually feel like I MIGHT have done some good at some point... Im one of those moms who needs a warning sign on the door stating Im informed, hahaha!   But one of my L&D nurses from when I had Emmalia at OHSU in the summer of 2009 was dumbfounded by my labor. She just sort of hung out while we chatted and transition was REALLY quick- water broke and then 5 minutes later baby was out. She is the one who the other nurse told to grab the bar off...
I had the SAME issue with my 5th and got antibiotics as soon as I went into labor... but I didnt end up having her for another 12 hours. They ran a TON of fluids in me too- even the baby was REALLY swollen! She was my first and she even had jowels... her eyes were swollen shut and it was a pretty fast birth. I had HUGE perenial engorgement... I felt like I had elephantitus of the labias!!!   Im so freaking out over needing the antibiotics again...