or Connect

Posts by Jynuine

You have used my stock photography in the past via my online portfolios but I'll post some here, too. You can contact me also if you have some articles that you just can't find the right imagery for and I can see what I can do. I'm due in 4 1/2 weeks with #7- but these are all my photography.        
Sorry I have to vent... and I feel like this is probably the best forum for it.I am SO FRUSTERATED over conventional medicine and what it does to birthing moms.... but Im just as frusterated with pregnant women putting their hands over their ears and singing, "LALALALALALA!" through all the common sense issues at hand, too. YES it's their right to go to an OBGyn, or deliver in a hospital but GIVE ME A BREAK! Research things before agreeing to them!!!!   A gal from...
  A 'red flag raising' person can simply be an wife and/or husband entering into a nasty custody battle. That's all it takes. My neighbor had a friend living with her for a while with his son so that he could be closer while going through a custody battle. The wife was a princess and a drunk, constantly going out to bars and drinking almost every night with her buds- meeting guys and then fighting with her husband, dragging the kids through it before she filed for a...
Ladies... if you deny CPS entry you are: NOT admitting guilt Protecting your family Not breaking a law or being 'difficult', even if it might make their job harder   By allowing them to come in, even if they are smiling and look friendly and convincing you are: Waiving your right to remain silent (as everything they gather and whatever is said and found will be held against you in a court of law) Giving them authority to proceed with an...
To be honest, I have to say that having a large family FORCES you to be mindful of your consumption. I find that a lot of people I know with less kids or none are MUCH more wasteful than we are. You just cant afford to be wasteful when you are on a budget and you have a lot to manage. You tend to garden, you recycle, you clip coupons, you make your own food- make your own clothes, reuse, recycle, you penny pintch... this is VERY VERY renown within large family...
Well, one thing I will consider are these things: For waterbirths, you may get in and out of the tub. Sometimes it feels good to be in the tub and if things sort of settle down for you, getting out helps to speed them up again. Taking a nice little stroll and then coming back and getting in can help, so you want something that can get wet but that can either be easily removed and put back on. Your bottoms should be easily removeable. When you need to be checked...
I love how Mothering has a balance between natural and conventional practices! Good job!
Babycenter has a FABULOUS 3D animation of how the baby is born and what happens. You might check that out, too.   For ME I show my kids my own birth and some other real births and explain things a LOT and let them ask lots of questions and I make it as non scary as possible. They're all well rounded, none are traumatized, and now, the whole birth thing is more or less boring, hahahaha!   But I think it's important that women who want their kids present at the...
Mine is soft and a tad effaced- Im probably about 1 cent dilated but that could be normal for me.   Have you ever checked out mybeautifulcrevix.com? It is a site a doula and midwife in training (I THINK she is a midwife now... cant remember) started by tracking pictures of her own cervix at different times of the month. Other people contribute now.
A similar thing happened to us yesterday at the mall (although, to be honest I don't teach my kids to purposefully say mean spirited things) where an elderly lady commented on the fact I was expecting my 7th and she said, "Wow your hands are full!" She was holding a few shopping bags and a purse and my five year old busted out, "You have YOUR hands full!!!" LOL! And we all chuckled... well, she DID! :P