or Connect

Posts by Jynuine

I have a question! I've had 5 CNM hospital births, and they were at 5 different hospitals with different expereinces. Now that I am the experienced mom who births like she is at the spa (yeah that's me) I feel like I'm kind of swept to the side and not tended to by the MW, basicly left to the nurses. My last 2 were like that- before that the midwife I had was a bit whacko so, she has an excuse.   My question is this: Is it unreasonable for me to expect that my...
I would actually mention to them that you are just hoping for a happy healthy birth and would like to hear that focus from them, too. It's insensitive to repeatedly mention what they are and unintentionally worries you needlessly.   Just for some reference- let me tell you MY stats:   Abigail 99'- Induced a week+ with Pit before her due date due to hypertension ( had surgery to remove my gall bladder at 7 1/2 mos pf pregnancy and had steroid injections to develop...
I think the thing is this- your body has to stretch, and be that in water or out- it's going to stretch. Waterbirth HELPS with pain in many women and even relaxing that area and keeping it supple, however water is also dehydrating and over extended periods of time can dehydrate that area, too.   I had the ring of fire with my 6th in my first waterbirth 19 mos ago and I am looking for ways to prevent a fast entrance. I also got skidmarks which to me, were worse than...
Without reading responses here- I'll just put in my 2 cents.   It's good to get any beliefs out onto the table during the initial consultation so that you know that you and your midwife are a good match. I, personally, am Christian. A Majority of the midwives out here are not. They go with very very Eastern philosophilcal mindframes, and while I believe the natural ways are best, I do not believe in the religious philosophies behind them.   I'm not sure what...
I don't neccicarily agree with that. I've delivered 6 kids (7 in 6 more weeks) in a hospital, and Ive delivered in 5 different hospitals, 4 different states. I've seen a WHOLE lot of nurses in that period of time, and a lot of them were brainwashed servants for doctors who were nitwits. I've seen them come in for some of my doula patients after the gals were in labor for 2 hours telling the moms the doctors wanted them to start Pitocin to 'hurry' things along. TWO HOURS...
BTW- Another thread on CPS scares and delivering in a hospital I found, today. http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1305958/if-you-are-having-a-baby-in-the-hospital-have-a-lawyer-on-call#post_16356947 via http://www.ktnv.com/story/14338042/baby
Oh wow, don't get me started on my views on CPS...... >.< There's another GREAT thread here on Mothering on what to do about them, but yeah one reason I am not happy about having to birth in a hospital. Some also hold you hostage if you dont have a carseat that is less than 7 years old.
Hahaha! Don't you know it, lol! ;)
WOW Those are SO pretty!!! I am thinking I might want to make one now!!! HAHAHA! Thanks for the links!
Absolutely! Ive had 4 land births, one water labor that WOULD have been a waterbirth had I not been dragged out due to hospital policy, and 1 full waterbirth. Im a waterbaby. I take 1-2 baths a day ANYWAY and so for me, it's a HUGE comfort. :) I have explained to my first time waterbirthing moms who I've doula-ed to not set their birth plan that they are ABSOLUTELY going to birth in the water and that some moms find that it's not as comfortable as they were expecting ......