or Connect

Posts by LizFischer

I love reading all these stories, so although ours is pretty different, here it is. =)   My husband is really, really far away for work and we knew several months in advance that he wouldn't be able to be here to welcome this baby. My in-laws came down for a week to help with our older two girls, and we were all getting a little nervous as their trip ticked by and nothing was happening in the birth department. I tried everything I could think of, from running stairs...
That's GREAT advice =) =)    Love it!!!   I think it's pretty applicable in any situation, so I'm going to file it away for later use! =)
Okay, ladies. I'm 38+5 with dd3. My husband is away for work and won't be back for several months. My in-laws are coming in on Saturday (it's super early Wednesday). We do have a great support network here, but wrangling the logistics for the care of a 3yo and a first grader from a hospital room (no judging!) 30 miles from my home is not really what I had planned for this birth. Crampy all afternoon and woken up with slightly more noticeable (but still not anything...
"My kids aren't listening" is exactly what's happening right now, and it is clear that the disconnect between my children and myself (as the primary caregiver) is the issue.   We have 6.5 and 3.5 year old daughters. Due to the nature of my husband's job, he's in the middle of a six-week work obligation away from home with an extended time away starting in April. We have a new baby sister coming in May and currently live far from family. Fortunately, his work has...
  This is true - it happened with our first. I was a complete zombie until the baby starts going back to sleep earlier, but that's why God gave us coffee, right? =)
I don't know if it will work for you little guy, but for our very active, independent and strong-willed younger daughter (who just refused to nap at all period), I would nurse her to sleep then put her down. She would ALWAYS wake up crying as soon as she realized she wasn't nursing anymore, usually about five minutes later. I'd be fully dressed again, pick her up and soothe her by patting her back and swaying side to side until she fell asleep and then put her back down....
thank you thank you thank you!    
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but I do stay home most of the time (volunteer a couple of times a week), so maybe you have some ideas? Anyway, I absolutely hit a wall right in the middle of dinnertime, with baths and bedtime still to go. I'm just done. My girls are 6 and 3 with another sister due in May and lately the whole evening routine has been a practice in getting through the steps as quickly as possible so I can sit down. It's not the relaxing,...
Another parent comforted that I'm not the only one. =)   The whining and, in our case, the huffing and crossing arms and stomping off, is terribly annoying, made more so by the fact that my 2nd daughter (3.5) has begun copying all of these behaviors. More than that, though, it makes me so sad for her, that formerly sunny child could find something to complain about in ANYTHING. I kid you not, the other day she sighed and said it's FEBRUARY, which means it's almost...
It might be fun if you let the birthday kid pick the extra snack...like just go into WF and let them decide what looks awesome and healthy to share.   The book is a GREAT favor...it's a million times better than sugary snacks or plastic garbage that is broken or discarded before the guests even get home.