or Connect

Posts by Princessjules

FWIW I taught him the sign for "more" and "all done" which has helped tremendously. I also taught the sign for "mommy" but we use it for nursing. I am working on "help" now... thanks for the encouragement!
I haven't been doing time outs because I really don't think he would understand... I think it is mostly communication problems but also might be him wanting attention.. Thanks! I am going to try signing ad let you guys know how it goes! BTW What sign did you teach for nursing?
If I leave the room he usually just follows me and then works himself up into crying or he would just sit in whatever room and cry and cry and cry... I don't think he would understand it at this point... He still seems so young and so much like a baby still!
There have definitely been a lot of changes and he has done SOOO well, which is why I have hesitated to really discipline him strictly... I have o problem with videos... I turn on baby einstien videos for DS1 much more often than I like to admit but it is how I have survived these past few weeks... I will look into Baby Signing Time.. He may have already seen it actually, I have found a lot of baby einstien videos on youtube and he really liked one that had a lot of the...
First off  hugs to you   I am just now exploring this forum past my DDC so Idk if you have decided on a place to settle but I live in Marshfield which is about 20-30min NE of Springfield and it is very cheap to live here (It is very easy to find a house to rent for under $500.. In Springfield I have seen apartments for $500 and I believe my brother split a 3br apartment with 2 other guys for about $200 so it was $600 total, I think tht is pretty cheap for living in...
I am near Springfield and would like to find the same... I am only a second time mom and I think my son's ped feeds off of that and lectures me every time I go in (Luckily DS1 has only had to see him once and DS2 hasn't seen him at all he's only five weeks)  I'd like to find one who at least leaves it alone but I don't know of one or friends IRL who could recommend someone... I know this thread is a few months old but have either of you found one?
Madi - that sounds like a great  job!   Miranda - I bet a doc would just tell you  to keep the ankle immobilized as much as possible for a sprain... Sorry it's bothering you again though!   Carlin - No I can't believe how fast time flies!! It is INSANE!!   Nuku - I totally missed your post about the hurricane! I'm so sorry...     Spacing - one nice thing about DS1 being so young is that if I don't feel like going downstairs and making breakfast he is...
We do clothe at home and sposies at night and out of the house...IMO using clothe even part of the time is huge help to the budget and the earth... If that is what works for you then don't feel bad about it!
I really hate how much they push formula... I remember in early September I got my can of infant formula for "breastfeeding support"... rrrrright... OMG... 3 teenage girls... I can't even imagine... I am dreading the teenage years with 2 boys but mainly because teenage boys eat. so. much. My parents spend a mortgage payment on groceries with  teenage boys (and they still have the littles coming up too) so I am dreading that...
It's really not that bad IMO ,though I know everyone is different and babies sure are!!.. There are moments but overall I have been managing reasonably well... I read everyone else's posts about all they are doing and get a little jealous that I just can't get out and about though.. I had a TON of help early on though so that probably helped.. I have been feeling sooooo guilty about how negative I was during my pg... I was so mad through out it and David is such a lovey...