or Connect

Posts by SynEpona

We're still stuck with only one first name! I need to find a great somewhat traditional long-ish (multisyllable) name with a good short form for every day use. We've got middle names (they each get 2), and I've suggested 25 first names. One works, DH has vetoed the other 24, and I'm not a fan of his 3 or 4 suggestions.   Feel free to toss some suggestions my way! Irish-inspired, but not difficult to spell, is appreciated, but not required. Long with a short form is...
Also, I think the 'how far along are you' question is sort of standard for *some* care providers. It's silly, b/c yes, they should look a the chart first. My OB asks me every appointment, as do her desk staff. It's like their version of small-talk. If that was the only weird thing, I'd let it go -- but combined with all the other weirdness at your appt, it's too much.
@amwpJC, I'm sorry you had a miserable appointment! I hope it was just an off day for that MW. I have a team of 3, and one of them will be on call - they rotate weeks, but also trade off as needed, so there's no way to know who I'll get. I love 2 of them, and find the 3rd to be a bit more 'medically minded' than would be ideal -- especially since I'm actually in the care of an OB for the birth b/c it's twins! My MW will still be there though.   Do 2 midwives attend each...
Homeopathic Pulsitilla is good for breech babes too, and chat now with your care provider about the possibility of an external version if babe stays breech. I had that done to flip DD, and it was completely pain free and easy -- the OB turned her, while the MW operated the U/S to keep tabs on her movement & such. It took about 45 min.We had successfully flipped her with the Pulsitilla more than once, but she'd flip back every...
I'm sorry you're feeling so stressed about this.   Maybe, just re-think the shower. It's a gift your mom is giving you - it's like she's picking out a sweater you're going to hate, but she's the host, and you're the recipient, and as such, it's her choice how to host it. It'd be nice if she was considering your wants a little more, but you can't control her. You can choose to just accept the gift of the shower. The guests are under no obligation to shop off the registry,...
Maybe wear a pouch sling during bath time? You can swaddle first-bathed into a thin towel, pop them in the sling to nurse while you bath the second? Either that or bathe them on separate days/evenings, or one in the morning, one in the afternoon -- maybe they'll want to nap at different times? The logistics of *everything* about caring for 2 newborns + one toddler + one other child, mostly alone, are making my head spin. I have a feeling both you & I will be wishing we can...
The City Select is only compact in some configurations. And not the most useful ones. I put both seats on facing forward, which is how we'll likely use it most of the time once the babies are 9mth or so, and the whole thing is as long as my Chariot, which is HUGE!! That stinks that the truck is in the shop, I hope it's back to you quickly, and in good working order. Our house is 3 floors - laundry & family room in the basement, kitchen/living/entrances on the main, all...
It really is the right stroller for us - the BabyJogger City Select, but it's not perfect. I've been using it in single mode for walking to school, and I miss the giant off road rear-wheels of the Chariot that I had been using for DD - I can't bump this one up the porch steps very easily. We do have a double Chariot in the basement, but no infant slings for it and it's so wide when right now I only need to have one child in it! Did you get the extended Expedition? If...
Not very exciting purchases today, but needed items, which should all be here w/in two weeks, hopefully ahead of the babies! Car seat adapters for the stroller, the brand/type of pacifiers I prefer that are never in local stores, and a couple replacement parts for the new-to-us-used stroller. That wraps up the list of 'what needs to be in the house before the babies are here'. Anything else can and will wait till they arrive!   I also had to give in and buy myself some...
It's so frustrating isn't it? The scale says bigger, the way clothes fit says bigger ... and then the photos lie and say smaller. Just the baby's position on that day/moment I think :)