or Connect

Posts by AmazoniaBelly

OH my goodness...I really want to come along! When are you going?
Dear Sarah and Suzy, After many weeks of searching websites like Maarktplaats, I found a really nice flat in the Pijp at the intersection on Rustenburgerstraat next to V D Helstplein. We are renting directly from an owner so we don't have to pay commision and such. I guess we will be moving there on the 30th of August. Since we are "expats" and only allowed to rent within the free sector, I believe we are getting a really good deal. Now, I just need to figure out...
Hi, Glad that her first school experience went well. I always love the waldorf classrooms. We just sold our little play shelf...it is found in almost all waldorf classrooms and consists of two shelves with a bridge over the top. I figured that there would be a lack of space in the new place. I suspect that your neighbors place is well over our budget...but I suspest it is worth a try. We are looking at 900- 1400 per month. We may have to raise that once we arrive...
Hi Guys, I also want to say that it was great meeting both of you and the two little ones. We did see the apartment and it was totally different than expected. It was two-stories, no carpet, 115 m2 and extremely modern. We declined because it was a bit isolated and too modern for us. We would prefer an older place and will pay more even though I know that we will find nothing that cheap. Sarah, which preschool does Elöise go to? I amjust trying to think ahead...
Let's meet at 10...if that is ok?
Hi, We are here...we spent the entire day on a bakfiets exploring the city. We actually went to the wading pool near the Milk House...So, I know exactly where to go tomorrow. We will see you then!
Hi, Wed. is fine with me. Should we try to meet around 9:00? Thank you for the bike recommendation. I think I will do that. I am curious, Why do you avoid the trams? Rachel
Hi, Excited to meet both of you and your little ones. Would you guys recommend that I take a tram or walk to the Vondelpark playground? We are staying at Hotel V frederiksplein ...I just looked at a map, it looks like I could easily walk there, though I just can't get a sense of it. What time shall we meet? Rachel
Hi, You have made a good point...the playground idea sounds perfect. I always think about going to such places, I think the kid in me thinks it sounds fun, then I end up kind of stressed and worried about the little ones getting knocked down and such. I am so sorry that your son is going through this. I can't imagine how frustrating it must be for him. I see no problem in meeting up...my children have both been exposed twice to chicken pox and for some reason,...
Dear Suzy and Sarah, We will be arriving in Amsterdam on the 22nd, next Monday. We are staying in Hotel V frederiksplein....maybe it is in one of your areas? I would love to meet up on Tuesday or Wed...Again, My daughter Bela Nixe is 4 and my son Isha Sparrow is 16 months. Do you ever go to Tun Fun? That has been one recommendation. I was thinking of making an appointment to visit the Waldorf school. Would that actually fly? I just don't want to call up and ask...