or Connect

Posts by Brendalee

Thank you all so much for your insights!  I had completely forgotten that you are, in fact, supposed to take the baby out of the stroller & fold it up - because NO ONE does it here!  But it is supposed to be done! I often see two or three mothers all trying to fit their strollers on the same bus in the morning, and it's *such* a hassle for them & frustrating to watch. But I couldn't recall if it was supposed to be safer for babe; honestly, it didn't *seem* safer to...
I'm due with my 1st in April, just a few short months away!  My plan is to babywear, but I don't drive & take public transportation (generally the bus) fairly often.       What do people recommend for safety purposes??  Is she supposed to be safer in a stroller on the bus than strapped to me?  I don't really want to have to carry a stroller around because of bus trips, but I guess I would if I had to.      I've asked a few women I've seen out & about wearing their...
You can add another GIRL onto the list!   I've felt 'girl' since the beginning, but wasn't sure if that was just wishful thinking on my part. *lol* DP wanted a boy, but only because he didn't want to have to worry about boys not being good enough to date his daughter.  *shakes head*  Whatever. *lol* We had our scan on a Friday, but she had her ankles crossed over her junk, and then her arms in front of her legs!  She wasn't budging!  So, we didn't get to find out...
I've seen plenty of members with sig files containing a countdown, and it usually looks something like this:   * * * 4 * * * 8 * * * 12 * * * 16 * * * 20 * * 24 * * * 28 * * * 32 * * * 36 * * * 40 * *   Are these done by a generator of some kind and updated automatically, or are y'all updating it yourselves each week?   Just curious - an automatically updated one would be SWEET, & I didn't wanna do it manually if there is such a thing!  *blush*   Thanks...
I didn't remember joining this group yet - I went to finally join, only to find I was already a part! *lol*  Anyway, intro:     EDD: April 22nd Nombre: Brendalee (I know, I'm so creative in screen name choices, huh?) Age: 34 (33 at conception, partner was 20 at conception, 21 for the birth) Location: North Shore, Massachusetts How long to BFP: Um, I'd been told multiple times I was infertile. I loosely chart, TTA anyway, just to be safe, but my current...
My peestick came up positive & DARK before it even got to the control window.  ?!!!?  That was a generic "plus sign" test.  This was Sunday, day 28 of my usual 25 day cycle. Monday, a cheapy dipstick test at the clinic, which barely showed a positive line at all.   Tuesday, another cheapy-looking dipstick test at my OB/GYN's office - a very faint line & took forever to show up.   21wk with a single girl in the womb. :)  I think different tests just have...
I don't have any suggestions, but I'm right there with ya.  This is my first pregnancy - I never thought I *could* get pregnant, or I'd have 'planned' the timing better. ;) I'm 21 weeks today, and I get so exhausted, and I really think it's SAD-type stuff shoved on top of the usual preggo hormone stuff.  I also have depression & anxiety problems in general (realizing now it's PTSD).  It's very difficult, to say the least! However, my girlfriend is a little further...
I was STARVING for a while in my 1st trimester.  I felt like I had to eat every 1-2 hours to keep my m/s down to just 'serious nausea'.   Once I got away from eating cereals & such - which I had initially been eating because I was just so. darn, hungry & couldn't wait for food to cook - I did MUCH better.  I had a bacon, egg & cheese sandwich for breakfast every morning, and I'd not have to eat again for hours - like a normal person! ;)   I did pack on a little...
Oh, and of course I 'like' Mothering on FB! *grin* Now I like Gaia Herbs as well! *grin*
Nice! This sounds wonderful! What a generous gesture. :)