or Connect

Posts by Brendalee

Sorry I haven't checked in recently! It's been...difficult, to say the least! My m/s finally let up, and heartburn has already begun, but it's somewhat manageable. I could do without all the sinus pressure & stuffiness, though! Baby has stuck around - we're 20wk & counting now! :D Had my anatomy survey u/s on Friday & Kiddo's ankles were firmly crossed in front of the genitals, & the tech nor the doc could get the pics they wanted of the heart. So we (DP has been in...
How did the appointment go?
Congrats, Espion!!  :) :)  Yeah, I can't imagine trying to move (especially so far!) with such a wee one!  Anyone that can help, on either end of the move?? Maybe hiring someone??   So nice to see so many of us due around the same time! :)   Maitrima, I spent most of my 20s married & happily taking care of other people's children, with no real desire to have my own.  I was also told I couldn't have kids, which helped with my family (instead of having to explain...
Taking my prescription prenatal vitamin at night didn't help me at all - I was just up all night with horrible stomach pain. They didn't make me constipated or anything, just felt like they were eating through my stomach. With food, without food, whole tablet or half a tablet, morning, noon or night - didn't matter. & they allegedly had the lowest amount of iron available (for some reason, my pharmacy didn't carry iron-free ones via prescription. ??!) Ugh. I bought some...
I think DP wants to know the sex if we can see it, I'm a little more up in the air. We already know what our boy name is; in fact, it's our first parenting 'compromise'.  I didn't really want to name a boy after his dad, but DP really feels strongly about it. I feel strongly about circumcision. So while he would rather have Kiddo circ'd, he's willing to leave him intact to name him after himself. As I care far more about leaving my boy intact (he can change his name as...
Not sure if I mentioned it before, but I'm due April 22nd, 2013 - Earth Day! Err...also my ex-husband's birthday. *lol*   I had my "1st" prenatal appt last Monday, at 10w1d & we heard the heartbeat on the Doppler doohickey! :) 155bpm - I guess it must be a pretty strong heartbeat to be heard that early! Haha - not that I mind at all! *grin*   I've just about had it with roommates. I can't wait to be in my own space!  Everyone here is significantly younger than me...
Ugh, I was 9wk yesterday, and seem to have been sicker than ever since! *pout* Annnnd...my DP is young. Very young. Like, just turned 21 a bit over a month ago. He also lives in another state. I *was* going to move there, but a 1st pregnancy is a big enough change!  I need to be where I know how to get around, with people I know & that will support me. I can't be stuck out in another state, with only DP to support me! And...I liked his mom when I met her, but now...
*walks in shyly*  What's Bajingo juice? Um, I'm 33 (34 on 10/31!) & pregnant - 9wks today! :)  I had 2 m/c as a youth, but have had much pain & a few surgeries on my reproductive system since then.  Though I wasn't TTC in the past (well, some half-hearted attempts at certain points in my former marriage), I've been told I basically won't be able to have kiddos.  SURPRISE!  *grin* Honestly, I wasn't wicked interested prior to getting divorced anyway (in many ways, my ex...
subbing (can't make the 'subscribe' button work with my browser!)
Sadly, I'm still in the same place, so I haven't been able to start FCing full-time - although I have a sneaky system I use for pee so far. Heh. BUT - now that I'm pregnant, I *HAVE* to move out, so yay! Exciting! Baby & I get to use cloth wipes together! hahaha. ;) I've actually just been picking up washcloths on the cheap as I come across them, but some of them seem to take MANY washings to delint! My roommate's mom brought over some new navy blue washcloths, and...