or Connect

Posts by Brendalee

I've noticed that if I have, say, 2 bottles of milk bought the same day, one opened & one unopened...the opened one will start to sour after however many days, but when I finally open the other bottle, it's still fresh (meaning: not sour tasting).  So, it seems exposure to air has something to do with it, too.  The more air in the container, the more likely it was to start tasting sour as well.  I used to get milk in 1 gallon plastic jugs, & would squish out as much air...
Definitely let it sit for a day or two in the fridge - the cream line will get thicker/more noticeable!   Sadly, there's barely a creamline in the milk I get over the winter!  *sniffle sniffle*  I still have to shake it when I use it, but there's no line of demarcation to even ATTEMPT to decant the cream separately.  Which is really too bad, because my DH would happily drink nothing but heavy cream if he could!  *LOL*  Plus, it's nice to take the thicker stuff off...
  Okay, this is just guessing, but I think you'll get more gelatin out of the marrow/knuckle bones. Sooo...you might be able to sub it by using 5-7lbs of rib bones & some extra gelatin.  IIRC, it's recommended in NT (which is what I have; I haven't picked up EFLF yet, but I think the stock recipes are essentially the same) to add powdered gelatin to the chicken stock if you can't get chicken feet &/or necks for your stock; why not for the beef stock?   To be...
Cyllya - actually, yes! Almost 10 years ago I anxiously sent $50 to someone over the Internet for it (though it was referred to as something else at the time - but it's exactly the same razor) & amazingly it actually arrived!  ;)   Both DH & I LOVE this razor!  It works best as a "touch-up" razor; when I ordered mine, it came with some other brand of electric razor (LadyFair, I think) for "free" to mow the lawn (so to speak), and then you use the silver one on your...
I have no idea what part of the Cape is which (I'm actually up by the Cape Ann area, like, north of Boston!), but have you just looked into regular ol' yarn/knitting stores? Not only do many yarn stores carry bits of roving anyway, you don't actually NEED roving exactly to wet felt, just wool;  you can wet felt with plain old feltable yarn (if it doesn't say "superwash" you're probably good to go, or you can just ask the person at the store what yarns are suitable for a...
  That's totally wicked awesome to hear. :)  I wish you much success in embracing the nursing time!!  So lovely to hear that he's finally nursing a "normal" amount - it must be very comforting to you to know that he's now getting a good amount of nutrition!  Congratulations to both of you.  :)
Matey, that link gives me an error, and I can't find a thread exactly called "what do you do with your pajamas". Do you have a link to the first page of that thread or something?   I like to shower in the middle of the day, tbh.  *giggle*  We have a huge skylight right in the shower, so I feel somewhat uncomfortable showering at night (it's too dark, esp with the black backgrounded Jolly Roger shower curtain!), and it takes me a bit to get my body temperature...
I'm curious if wearing socks only is better than shoes; I mean, you still don't have that natural function, kwim?  There's still more slipping/sliding than would be with just bare feet.   Having said that, I am not a fan of shoes, but I do like socks (even - perhaps especially? - toe socks!)  Recently, I've noticed that wearing shoes has become EXTREMELY painful, esp in the arch area.  I have "flat feet" & had been wearing the same pair of sneakers often for a few...
Wait...so, 2 ladies felt the need to comment that they thought it was inappropriate for your son to eat HIS dinner at...dinnertime??!  Seems a little strange to me; I mean, it's dinnertime, so my son's eating dinner, 'nuff said.   HOWEVER, if YOU'RE feeling uncomfortable, that's a different situation. Screw other people if THEY'RE uncomfortable that your child is eating!  *sheesh*  No, 16 months is still a "baby" and completely appropriate. But I feel that if he's old...
So, I bit the bullet & bought a size 1 DivaCup at WholeFoods.   It fits okay & stays up there and everything.  But it gives me low-grade cramps (in addition to my regular painful ones!).  Now, whenever I remove or insert a tampon, I get this painful "full" kind of feeling, but it generally goes away; this feeling didn't seem to go away using the DivaCup this last cycle.   The pain seemed to come when the cup opened inside & applied pressure to the walls of my...