or Connect

Posts by bookwise

oh, me, me! totally absolutely ravenous. and i get busy in my day so much so that when i *do* eat, i'm practically shaking from the urge to eat ALL THE THINGS. it's a bit embarrassing to feel - and probably even worse to watch, ha! like a dinosaur in some eating frenzy, i imagine. ;)
i'm sorry about the stress - and there's nothing quite like relationship stress is there? :(   as for symptoms disappearing, i'm 5 weeks and 4 days and the same thing has more or less happened - or so it seems until nighttime and then my back aches and i'm ravenous and so on - but i remind myself that it happened in my first pregnancy and everything turned out fine.. in fact, baby girl turns two on sunday! ;) i think it's because the baby is well and snuggled into...
  Definitely do! The sooner the better. Here's two links that talk specifically about increasing dosage during pregnancy and how common that is: http://thyroid.about.com/od/hormonepregnantmenopause1/a/dosechange.htm http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3267517/   The first trimester is the most important one as the baby depends on the mother's thyroid until it develops its own around the end of the first trimester.   I can't know for sure if it made a difference or...
i agree with KaliShanti.   my cycles have always been on the longer side (between 31-35 days) and this was only my third post-partum cycle where i was sure i ovulated. my cycles from the past year have been even more all over the place (from 28 days to 50+ days). as a result, i kinda don't blame a provider for not trusting my charting skills ;) so i'm just going to say my period started march 1st instead of february 25th. i'm positive i ovulated on the 15th, and i'd...
still nursing my 23 month old and she doesn't seem to be slowing down at all either! congrats and welcome! ;)  
i just got my thyroid results back this morning, but still need to find a new endo next week - not looking forward to that part, especially as my last (and first ever) endo was a royal ass, but it's important so.. grumblegrumble.   i'm glad i've upped my dosage though, because my numbers were already a little lower than three weeks ago so clearly my body is requiring more thyroid work with this pregnancy, as it did with my first. so, yay for that. ;) tsh was great,...
missbrea, cool about the full moon - i agree with dinahx, it's great to know when it is. with my guy, we used to arrange monthly full-moon parties on the beach in los angeles so many years ago - the full moon is such a special time. ;)   swell_mel, i have a 23 month old who is turning two in 10 days! i love this age, don't you? i mean, it's not the easiest - but when is, really? ;) - but i love how communicative she's getting.  
i think implantation can happen as late as 12 dpo, though it's not a single event, more a process, from what i understand -- but if you're already getting a positive hpt, then implantation should already have happened. however, i do think that the egg kinda burrows in more for the next week more or less, so there's often little drops of blood from that.   what color is the blood? if it's old looking, brown, etc, then from what i understand, there's very little to...
i think we'll probably wait a few more weeks before making any moves as to doctors and appointments. i don't remember (already!) how we did it with our first baby (born in 2011) but i think the first appointment was around 8 weeks. i couldn't find a midwife, so we went with a doctor who was ok with home birth, and she was great for the prenatal appts but during the actual birth we had some problems - so i'm not sure if we're going with her for now until we find someone...
hello! i'm due 12/6 or 12/7 and this is baby #2 for us. so happy to be here!