or Connect

Posts by Aithnea

Greetings everyone,   I'm definetly Wanting but Waiting.  Actually I'm the one wanting but DH is the one saying we should wait.  We have a beautiful daughter (19 months) and I've been feeling the need to start trying again.  DH on the other hand isn't even sure if he wants another child and says that we should wait until she's a bit older before we even consider it.  He wants to wait until she's 5.  I can't imagine having children that far apart.  My sister and I are...
Greetings Pagan Mamas!   I'm not sure if I've posted in other threads or not (I tend to just lurk).  We didn't do much this year of Imbolc, just went around lighting candles in each room when the sun went down.  DH followed behind me with DD so that she could take part too.  He's not a Pagan but is super supportive and wanted DD to be a part of the celebration.   Brighid seems to of lit a fire in my pants this year.  Leading up to Imbolc I felt a huge urge to...
Thank you for this thread.  I have my binder, sheet protectors, and dividers all ready to go and waiting for me.  Now I just need to gather and print off my sheets to go into it.
Brown rice cooked in Veg. broth with green beans and tomato cooked with it.  Poached egg on top.
Our girl is 15 months and I totally hear you.  Since having her our sex life has taken a nose dive.  Partially from baby and me being tired from tending to her all day, partially from DH's job.  He's work over 70 hours a week currently and attending school on Saturdays.  Sundays are the only time we can really have family time let alone husband/wife time or in DH's case Daddy/Daughter time.  But we have found a few things that have worked for us: 1. Talking to each...
I'm in the same vote as you Mamas.  My sweet girl is 14.5 months and has lately started the wonderful trend of attempting to give up her naps AND trying to stay up until midnight or later.  Seriously, right around 11 or 12 at night she gets all excited and super sweet, wanting to run around and play.  DH and I are usually ready for bed by then and want nothing more than to sleep.  It's really hard to be mad and annoyed at her because she's so darn cute, but it sure is a...
The story that a cat will try to suffocate a newborn IS AN URBAN MYTH!  Cats will not suffocate a baby!  In fact, they realize that your newborn is indeed a baby and thus does not know better when it pulls on the cat's tail.  We went through the same thing when we had our daughter and people found out we had two cats.  Our cats have never done anything to harm our now 1 year old daughter.  In fact, when she is napping in our bed one of our cats will stay with her until...
Flea eggs will live for about 3 months before hatching so with Advantage it is advisable to do the full course of flea treatment (6 months) with them getting a treatment once a month.  It is important to also vacuum and wash everything to get up the eggs.  When you vacuum the eggs will live in the bag so it is important to throw out the bag (or empty the chamber if you have a bag less vacuum like us) and take the trash out right away.  You will also have to vacuum the...
I hope this is the right forum for this sort of a question.  If not, could a Mod move it?   Well we're not dairy free in our house, we do drink soy-milk almost exlusively.  Dd just turned a year old two weeks ago and I was wondering if we could start replacing her formula (DH decided we needed to give it to her on top of my breast milk) with soy-milk.  The formula is dairy based and she'll likely have dairy milk when she's staying with her grandmother on days that I...
DH wants to apply for a job in Saskatoon.  It would mean a big pay raise, enough to cover my loss of income if I stay home with DD. The thing is all we know about Saskatoon is from our friend living and working out there.  We currently live in Vancouver and know that a move out there will be a pretty big change.  Not only would be leaving the province that we both essentially grew up in but we would also be leaving our support network behind.  His family living in...