or Connect

Posts by ElizabethE

I'll tell you what happened-- it became overrun with trolls and no one trusted anyone anymore. It was to the point that people had numerous false identities, and we weren't even allowed to say "troll" anymore, and if we even so much as disagreed with someone we got spanked. It became a ghost town when trolls who hated us with a passion outnumbered actual UCers here. You can easily turn a place designed for help into a playground for the mean-spirited. All it takes is no...
Well, it's just an article and a way of looking at things that may or may not be helpful for some.
Probably. Or maybe people are exploiting themselves and don't even need long posts to do it.
Holly, sorry your thread got derailed.
Lisa, I am so sorry that happened to you.
Jane, for me, the need for a c-section is quite possibly the only reason to go to a hospital for birth. And of course, you know just how rare I think that could actually be.   For the cord issues though, when trying and allowed to labor vaginally, there isn't any magic way the cord is handled in-hospital that we could not do for ourselves. That is the point being made here, whether you can personally get behind that or not.   If any of us notices either...
I agree, but I always feel like a sucker flagging posts. When I first came here, I was naive to just how much moderation occurred and so I just started speaking REALLY openly and freely. Got a lot of infractions. Apparently I had offended people. They were mostly trolls.   Then, I learned to play the game. Was advised, hey, if you disagree with someone, don't even respond. Just flag them. Oh, okay. Went on a flagging rampage. Things got a little quiet. I toned down my...
Here's what I would like, and I know I'm barking up the wrong tree, but-- total honesty.   Maybe trolls only exist out of necessity? I'm not sure. Meaning-- maybe they only exist because it's a way they can be covert but still represent themselves, because they otherwise aren't allowed how to express how they feel?   Solution: no holds barred. Let everyone just out and out say what they mean, out in the open, and deal with it fresh. Okay, maybe I could see some...
I've been using the internet since way back in the early 90s, and have been a member of a few forums. I had NEVER discovered actual trolls 'til a few months ago when I came here.   If I'd ever been in touch with trolls before, they did a good job staying hid and weren't trying to be obvious in outing themselves, which is perhaps how it should be. It's less combative. Deceit isn't so bad. It's intent to harm that is, IMHO.  
Surreal, this is precisely what bothers me about the trolls. They are kicking people who are already down. I don't know about you, but I call that bullying.   You know, if a bunch of people want to get together privately and discuss how much we suck, fine. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, even if it includes stewing in their own hate. Hey, it's a personal choice! Do it up, if that's your thing. It's the lack of conscience, though, about trying to weasel their...