or Connect

Posts by anexia

Absolute, total, overwhelming exhaustion.  I remember asking the same question.  I will say Check you iron often.  Or at least start taking a heavy dose of it(careful to include lots of fiber lol)  I had my iron checked in the first trimester and it was ok.  But they tested a few weeks later cause I was soooo tired and I was severely anemic.  When I added all the iron it did help.  Still crazy tired but at least I could drag myself off the couch.
Was induced at 38wks.  No bed rest.  I read everything I could find when I found out it was twins.  The best advice I found was to watch what I did.  So dh started doing the laundry(no more carrying heavy baskets up and down stairs) and unloading groceries.  We moved my toddler out of a crib so I didnt have to lift him and I learned to sit down next to him instead of carrying him around.  Also really good nutrition.  It wasnt easy but I carried longer than my other...
Was induced at 38wks.  No bed rest.  I read everything I could find when I found out it was twins.  The best advice I found was to watch what I did.  So dh started doing the laundry(no more carrying heavy baskets up and down stairs) and unloading groceries.  We moved my toddler out of a crib so I didnt have to lift him and I learned to sit down next to him instead of carrying him around.  Also really good nutrition.  It wasnt easy but I carried longer than my other...
I have twin dd 16m, ds 3, ds 5, dd 7, dd14   1  I was induced at 38wks.  dd1 was born vag an hour and half later.( other labors had been quick)  dd2 was born 20 min later c-section. (she was transverse)   2  I gained some right at the end after I stopped paying attention but until then I had gained about 30-35lbs  thats just a few lbs more than with each of my boys.  They were 5.5 and 7.1 Way bigger than we expected as my other children were all between...
One thing I have been amazed with is that they really arent too young to be reasoned with.  We have had a lot of this too but I started talking to them about what was hapening.  Telling one baby it wasnt her turn but I would be with her in a minute.  We do a little baby sign and I hold one finger up and say  one minute.  this works great when I am going to leave the room for a minute it really helps with anxiety and if I had to pick up one baby first or get one a bottle...
As a mother of twin toddlers I can not always carry both babies and help my preschooler safely into preschool.  All my babies are safer in their car seats for the 2 minutes or less it takes me to see my boy safely into school.  Especially this time of year when its often well below freezing outside and very icy.  And I am one of several people at his school who leave thier babies in the car during drop-off and pick-up. I live in a small town where I know most of the...
I live in winthrop/augusta area and have 3mo old twins plus 2,4 and 6 yr old.  would love to meet other kids/moms.
I know this post is a little old but I wanted to mention a couple things.   1- My house is a total wreck.  I have just gotten decided that if anyone has a problem with it they should try life with newborn twins.    2- the first 2 months I thought Id never make it. Things somehow got more livable after that.    3- My twins were not early but they still didnt laugh or smile as early as my other kids.  I swear for 2 months they did nothing but cry and eat and...