or Connect

Posts by Monkeybean415

Hi mamas!   I desperately need to replace our mattress!! I co-sleep with our 12 month old DD so it's even more important to me to do this.    I'm on a super tight budget though so we'd like to find the cheapest option available. I was thinking of ordering wholesale product from white lotus and making my own mattress. Either will all cotton or latex/cotton and then maybe making a wool cover to cover it.    Does anyone have any experience with this? How many...
Laurski- Oh no! I hope your DD feels better soon! :hug:   Ok so I am SO bad at keeping up with forum posts... I almost feel like I'm crashing the thread... :blush:   Happy Birthday to all the September LOs! DD's was on Sunday! Wow I can't believe it's been a year!    
I'm trying to find an affordable latex/wool mattress (I'm even willing to do the "build your own" type) that will ship to Alaska for a decent price. Does anyone have any experience with this or can help me search for something that will work. We co-sleep and are currently sleeping on a king mattress my grandmother gave me (I have no idea how old this thing is and I'm disgusted!)    I'd also appreciate any tips or advice for what I can do right now until I find a...
DD is 5 months old and has not received any vacs... I felt anxious as well at our first doctor's appt. especially about how they would react but they're completely supportive and I haven't given it a second thought. I know I'm doing the right thing for our family.
The one you have should be fine!   We have the Prince Lionheart one that is technically made for sposies because it has the pop up opening but the entire lid opens too so we use the big opening and it's not big deal it works for us. We don't keep our wipes in the warmer... I just keep our solution in the warmer so that it stays warm and then just dip the wipe in the water when I need one. We also don't use the pillow thing that came with it...  I think that's just...
I agree with the previous posts! If your washer isn't broken than don't replace it. We've never used a top load for our dipes but I imagine it would be a lot easier because you can use it to soak them. It took me awhile to find a wash routine that work really well for me and I ended up putting the dipes through a few wash cycles with our front load... 
I know how you feel! DD looks just like her daddy! I don't really see myself in her at all yet... hopefully I'll start coming out in her when she gets a little older! :)
DD is only 5 months so we'll see how things change when we start solids but for now my skinny minny baby is thriving on breastmilk. She was 7 lbs at birth and 11 lbs at her 4 month appt. Our doctor is very supportive she just told me that not everyone can be in the 100th percentile. She's healthy and growing well on her own curve.
I probably only stayed in for a couple weeks. We took walks a lot though. I just kept her in a wrap so she was close to me and to keep people from touching and getting too close to DD. In the beginning we used a nursing cover but I soon got the hang of discreet nursing without it! I loved the nursing cover for the first month or so because I could fumble around and let it all out without anyone being able to see a thing 
Ours are really short as well! The entire appointment probably only takes 15 minutes...