or Connect

Posts by TheMommy

I really don't have any other ideas!  Since tomorrow is Monday, call your doctor and see if you can get in to be checked.  If you get a high fever again overnight, I would probably go to the ER.  Okay-- here's a disclaimer-- I have a tendancy to overreact to health-related stuff.  I'm a bit of a hypochondriac, so if I sound alarmist it's just the disorder talking!  Most normal people don't think back pain = kidney infection.  Still, having your symptoms checked by a...
UTIs can happen to anyone, but women get them more often than men.  They can just happen when somehow bacteria gets into the urethra.   They are actually very common, especailly if you are sexually active. For it to cause fever and vomiting, though, it would have probably become a kidney infection, which is what can happen when UTIs go unchecked.  But I'm not a doctor or nurse.  I really think it is worth a call or a visit.  Even if you have never had a UTI, it is...
Sometimes  UTI that has started to infect the kidneys will cause back pain.  I think you should see your doctor, since kidney infections can be really serious.  Any urinary symptoms?  Even if the answer is no, you could still have a UTI or kidney infection.     Best of Luck. 
Hi There,    I had some pretty awful pelvic pain Sunday night into Monday.  Throughout the week it has improved, and now (Friday) I feel a lot better.  I've heard that nursing increases the risk of cysts, and I've been nursing for 17 months now.  I've had 2 periods, my first in November and then one in January.     How would I know if I had an ovarian cyst?  Is Nursing a factor, in your experience?  Thanks... 
Cereal is expensive!  The more oatmeal we eat for breakfast, the better our budget. 
I really appreciate all the thoughtful responses!     We already eat mostly rice and beans...  but in terms of our money situation I would call it tight, but not desperate or keeping me up at night.  That said, I am really taking to heart theadvice from RedHeather about kids being happiest when parents are happiest, and I *do* get stressed and overwhelmed easily.  I *do* worry about money, not so much for indulget items, but because we haven't even started saving for...
Hi!    Out of curiousity, how many of you make financial considerations a major part of deciding on having more kids?  We are debating #3, but many of our choices, including driving compact cars, would have to be re-thought.  Not to mention tuition, possibly wanting a larger home, and so on.   Most older folks I know advise against limiting family due to money, but lots of young families I know feel they have to.     We actually came very close to having my...
Thanks!  I hope that is just what it is... which means it will pass before too long.   
Hi!     I'm trying to figure out how to get through this.  My 15 mo. old is still a happy, active nurser, and I'm glad about that.  I don't really want to wean, but lately my nipples really hurt when he nurses.  I remember this happening with my older son while I was ovulating as well as may a day before my period.  This time my nipples have been really sore for almost a week.  It takes so much away from our nursing sessions, and I just don't like nursing when it...
Thanks, MegBoz--  I wonder the same thing about the c-section rate, but I'm also a huge worrier, and since I know when I ovulated, I personally wouldn't want to go past 42 weeks.  I terms of PP care, they say the mother usually goes home within 6-12 hours of the birth, which is pretty good.  Yeah I HATED the food at my last hospital-- ick! I was gluten-free at the time, which made it worse, but one meal they served me was rice with marinara sauce.  Come on.  That's...