or Connect

Posts by jpietryka

I had such a wonderful pregnancy I would happly do it again.  As far as my sons birth, I wish I'd been more alert afterward.  I labored so fast (under an hour) that I ended up losing blood which makes you very groggy and tired.  I tried so hard to focus and stay awake.  I feel a little sad that I missed those first hours but I know there is nothing I could have done to prevent it.  More importantly, the fast labor was best for my son since the cord was wrapped around his...
  Us too, our ped told us no holds bar at our 6 month check up.  That the sooner he tried foods the less likely he would react.  Haven't really given him any non-mommy dairy yet though and we do stick to 100% organic for baby.  It's funny because I thought we would hold several foods back but our ped did a great job of explalining the different schools of thought and research so we could make a choice we felt good about.  We are also very fortunate that LO is a good...
Wow!  Sounds like everyone is doing an awesome job of shedding the lbs!  I'm at my pre-preg weight...of course getting pregnant in December that means I still have about 5lbs to shead.    I've noticed that I seem to plateau every other month.  Guess my body is just taking time to adjust.  I've also noticed that if Reece increases his nursing that I end up starving so I guess I'll have to hit the gym eventually.  LOL   @mantischick - Ollie is too cute!
I agree the the key to alleviating guilt about money (or lack there of) lies in having a plan and open communication.  Having a financial budget is one of the best things you can do for the health of your marriage and for your child.  As a new mother I feel more than ever that fiscal security is critical, not an easy task on a fraction of the income but we sat down together and decided what cuts to make.  It wasn't easy at first but now we are much happier in regards to...
It's suprising how many people seems to advocate "just let him cry".  =(
My baby started with dark blue-grey eyes that are now a beautiful bright blue that twinkle when he smiles.
My LO still has a bit of a bald spot at 6 months. 
My baby is 6 months and gets a bath about once a week unless he's had an especially messy dinner.  I don't usually bother with soap or washing his hair since I don't want to dry out his skin and hair.  We approach baths as recreational for Reece so that he is comfortable and enjoys being in the water. 
I think it can be difficult for DH's to understand how much work mom's do.  I've had to have focused (read: TV off) talks with hubby more than once.  I wrote a schedule out so we have a paramater to follow.  He knows that he takes baby from x-y.  I also offer hubby choices to help bring it home...like I can take him now if you start dinner or I'll take early am duty if you take night wakings.  I don't have a "tone" when I offer comprimises, just sort of reminding DH of...
Such sweet babies!   Reece is also learning to crawl right now, he gets up on all fours really well.  Sometimes he'll straighten his legs and looks like he's doing push-ups.  So far he hasn't figured out the forward part but he reverse nicely.  Haha!   We are in the same boat on the "no-sitting" action and he's also not very interested in his feet yet.  He's very long in the waist so I'm curious if that's not part of the reason.  These last two weeks have been action...