or Connect

Posts by kylaskye

I know some of you ladies use tapatalk, but I was wondering if there was a free option for something similar. I can't pay for an app, since I don't have cell phone service right now, but my wifi works fine and I can still download/browse the internet with it and use apps that need the net. 
So it hasn't been that difficult of a day. I didn't get my usual sleep after our initial morning waking up. (DH comes home from work, I move to the couch and sleep for about 3 more hrs so I don't wake him up when I'm ready to start the day.) It's been this way for the past couple of days, and tomorrow we've planned to go out and enjoy what's probably going to be the last warm-ish day of the year. But  I'm feeling distressed right now, anyways.   Liam's been spit-up-y...
New chat thread here.
Really bad about keeping up on the new thread starting, but here it is.    No chat starters right now, so here's the old thread.   http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1332681/weekly-chat-10-11-10-18/0_50
Doesn't look like it. I'll go start one real quick, no time to talk b/c of baby.
How long does it usually take to feed your DS? Cut that in half and do each boob? Or cut it into 4ths and do 3/4 of that time on one boob and the rest on the other. I'm not sure how to work both boobs in if he isn't emptying one then going to the other without causing a foremilk/hindmilk imbalance. Watch the poops to make sure that isn't an issue.    I hope the new antibiotic works for you, you totally deserve to be over this by now, I don't know how you've put up...
My DH was 4'9" when he started high school, and while it did affect him, he's not too bad about it. He just has "short man syndrome" where he needs to prove his masculinity and that he's not any less of a man, even though he's almost 6' tall, now. Everybody is going to have their own troubles growing up, and they will all have their own effects. Don't worry about it so much, the best you can do is support your DC through everything and let them know that you love them no...
That sounds like a lot of fun. Take me with you?
If you're reading books for you and not for Charlie, look into kindle or nook or something along those lines. If you have a smart phone you don't need to buy a reading device, and you can get books for really cheap, some even free (classics/really old ones). My husband and I both read a lot, and this is a great way to make it budget friendly... And again, libraries are now renting out kindle books. Not really sure how that works, but I'd look into it if I had a decent...
Becky, have you tried checking out some books from your library? Save you money and gives you pretty much a limitless supply. Seeing as you live in the city, they might even deliver. The local library when I lived in Orlando would drop book off at my door for free.