or Connect

Posts by Piratelady2525

the holding hands is a great idea!  I wish it would work for my DS...I tried a couple times last week to just cuddle, rock, etc with him in the middle of the night when he woke up instead of nursing, and both times we ended up being awake for about 3-3 1/2 hours.  It was torture.  Since then, he has woken up more than his normal once a night to nurse.  I feel like I ruined it!  I dont know what to do now.  Im getting so sick of nursing (sorry thats harsh, but Im feeling...
  This is exactly where we are!  Time, age, everything.  Im thinking that I will take out the morning session, and try really hard to just get him back to sleep without nursing, at least for a little while.  I think we can do it!  My biggest concern at this point is actually that my breasts, which still produce an awful lot of milk for someone who only nurses 2-3 times in a 24 hour period, will be engorged and painful.  I also am thinking that the weekend away idea...
what is toddler-ease?
I am right there with you! DS is 15 months, and almost the exact same problems are going on in our house. Tantrums, clinging, and we've also added hitting me to the list. I really do believe it's a sign of frustration at inability to express themselves. It's also true that at this age, you can try to explain things to them, but they will forget it very shortly afterwards. My local parenting group has been working on techniques for controllig your anger and cooling down...
  Agreed!  I just flew with my 15 month old and he did great until the last leg of our journey, when he got a little fussy from traveling so much.  I just did my best to distract and console him, and most of the people around us were very sympathetic and didnt mind.  The man next to us even tried making silly faces at him, and when he got fussy the guy just put his headphones on so he didnt have to listen to it.  Perfect solution!  If anyone gives you grief about your...
Cooked chicken is a great one!  Can be added to all sorts of easy to prep meals...just heat it up and throw it in burritos, soups, on rice, beans, or chopped up in a salad.  Lean and full of protein, which you'll definitely need after the little one arrives!  Also, do you have a toaster oven?  If so, you can make smaller portion sizes of your fave cassaroles, and heat them up in there, so it doesnt heat up the whole house like the regular oven does. And a great cold...
You can always ask before you get on the plane if they would be willing to seat you where there is no one in front of you, to avoid kicking the seat, and if you cant move then, ask people to switch you seats once you get on!  A lot of people will be willing to trade to avoid a screaming child on a flight!  And nurse nurse nurse if you can get the kiddo to.  It will keep them quiet, and help with ear popping, maybe even get them to fall asleep!  I havent flown that far,...
Good morning ladies!  Trying desperately to catch up on here...I missed a lot!  So sad to hear about all the tornado damage and losses....glad that is over.  No big storms here, just lots and lots of heat, which I actually like!  We just play in the water a lot, and wear lots of sunscreen and hats. :-) I am also loving the poems!  Keep them coming! Excited to hear all the ideas for solstice!  This will be our first year celebrating, and we only know one other pagan...
This is interesting...makes a person wonder what everyone did, long ago, when there was no air conditioning?  Especially those who lived in the south, super hot and humid climates?  We are pretty well trained to seek out A/C now.  DS (15 months) loves to be outside running around more than anything, and happily, has not cared one bit about the 100 degree heat right now.  I just make sure he is covered with sunscreen, hat, etc, and drinks a lot of water.  We play in the...
Hello all!  I havent been on in a while, and have much reading to catch up on, but I wanted to drop in and say hi and that I hope everyone is doing well.  Crazy busy here, and hoping to have time to catch up with everyone soon! Positive vibes being sent out to all until then!