or Connect

Posts by foreverinbluejeans

It's normal and often necessary for a 1 year old to wake up at night frequently to nurse for nutrition. Night nursing is normal until a child is 2-3. If you do manage to somehow wean at night that doesn't make the child sleep through the night. If you aren't nursing then you have to do other things that expend a lot of energy to try and get the child to go back to sleep (rocking, walking, singing, ect). Your baby may not want to go to bed by herself as early as 8pm....
I have a grandson with lots of food allergies and I have read that the skin tests are more accurate than the blood tests.   When I was breastfeeding I had trouble keeping my weight up. I am 5'2" and often fell below 100 pounds. I look at pictures and I look like I had an eating disorder. I ate a lot and tried to eat extra calories but that was just the way I was. After my 3rd and final child weaned I started gaining about 10 pounds a year and became obese. I'm now in...
Why not!
I agree with release the guilt. If you can't do that then don't do screen time. As a parent you shouldn't be doing things you believe to be wrong. I don't think TV or a computer should be used as a baby sitter for a child under 2. There can be good uses of TV or computer when a young child is with an adult. As a child gets older they may be able to have some screen time alone depending on what they are doing and depending on the child.
Farmer's markets, food co-ops, healthy food options Thrift stores, yard sales, builders second hand stores, and other options for reusing items Clean air including environmental tobacco smoke Quiet (many cities have airport noise - huge problem in Las Vegas) Close to state or national parks Close to body of water Support groups including LLL, active Meetup community, volunteer groups Natural beauty Public school choices - traditional,...
I put most produce like apples in my cart without bags. I usually use the self check out so it doesn't matter. If the bags don't get torn I use them for doggy doo doo bags. That bugs me too. Doggy doo doo (or baby poop) doen't belong in our trash in plastic bags. When I had my own house I would flush my little dog's and cat's doo doo. I scooped it into a little bucket and put in the toilet. The cat litter pan was next to the toilet with pine litter and as soon as I...
One on one education is by far the best form of education. Universities love homeschooled children and it gives them an advantage.
After I had 3 natural births I found out I couldn't have had an epidural if I wanted one. I have arthritis in my spine and they can't get a needle in the space where they do epidurals. I had pneumonia and septicemia when my youngest was 5 weeks old and they wanted to do a spinal tap to see if the infection had spred to my spinal fluid. After 3 people had each tried twice to do the spinal tap they took me to radiology and figured out the needle can't fit. It's called...
Chocolate isn't all bad. It depends on what chocolate you eat and how much. You might try switching to plain dark chocolate or with something good in it like nuts. I read that Heath bars are high in anti-oxidents and are a good choice. Don't keep much or any around the house. I don't go out much so when I do go to the pharmacy or store I may pick up chocolate once a week. I don't feel too bad about that. If you have chocolate around the house you are more likely to...
What about crystal deoderant? I am allergic to propylene glycol and have used the crystal deoderant before.